• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Dumb question but I guess you would need to get everything painted as well?

Yeah you would have too. Depends if you bought it secondhand and it happened to be the colour of your CTR.

But a Mugen grille from new would need painted. Id get the local bodyshop here to do mine.

I got my door sills stuck on today with a cement like silicone they use for doing side skirts on bodykits. They are stuck solid now. :D

Unless you went with carbon, then its a shame to paint!

Im going with bronze 100% now, did the black on the last ep so want to be different this time

Someone on here has Bronze EP3 alloys and I can't remember who did. Was it Krzys?

Since the Twinloop has now bedded in it sounds so much better. If I get a decent day of weather will get a video done. So can hear the sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a lot to update on since started a 1 year contract role last month.

Have ordered the EP3 facelift Mugen front grille from Matt at Injection imports. And replacing my pilot sport 3s on the front with Pilot super sports 205 45 R17s :D

Someone on here has Bronze EP3 alloys and I can't remember who did. Was it Krzys?

Since the Twinloop has now bedded in it sounds so much better. If I get a decent day of weather will get a video done. So can hear the sound.
Yep my wheels are a mad orange/bronze colour! :D

How are you doing bud? Car is looking well!

Yep my wheels are a mad orange/bronze colour! :D

How are you doing bud? Car is looking well!

I'm good thanks mate. You? Started working again after unemployment for short of 4 months. Glad to be back in employment. How is the HGV training?

Car is fun. Just getting the Mugen facelift grille. :D

Still liking the twinloop?

Josh should purchase my other twinloop :D

I'm good thanks mate. You? Started working again after unemployment for short of 4 months. Glad to be back in employment. How is the HGV training?

Car is fun. Just getting the Mugen facelift grille. :D

Still liking the twinloop?

I'm not too bad ta! HGV didn't go well, I'm now working an IT job again but on a three month contract on less money than I was on before, hey ho!

Love the twinloop, even more on the sunny days when I can have the window open and listen to it some more! :D

Yeah the weather has been stunning up here in Scotland. Crazy... Hot and sunny up here. Window down listening to the nice tuned sound of the twinloop lol.

Not much to report. Getting hold of some Michelin Pilot super sports to replace the front Pilot sport 3s which have lasted me well.

Tempted by a Gruppe M kit but at the moment, cutting back the spending on the car just now.

A little update....

So much for cutting back on the car spend. Decided to get a price for the Gruppe M Air Ram kit.

Will be the last modification item for the car. Makes sense upgrading the intake.

Just putting some cash by now to get the FRSU done and a TDi North visit. Will keep you posted.

Chris/Dooky's Gruppe M threat was a good heads up and full of info. :D

The proper Gruppe M sounds so good, my friend described it as "Darth Vader with Asthma" :lol:

It's an awesome intake, even in Tegiwa form!

I still need to deal with my scuttle, I got a fiberglass scuttle with my kit (second hand) but it's rattles etc. Need to cut my original so it doesn't rattle as bad/anymore and also means I can use my rubber seal again too.

Surprised you have still got that, bet it makes a nice ornament :)

Also tempted by the intake option, although a TegM variant. The FRSU is definitely money well spent though, even on the standard springs it feels a lot different - That was without the JDM rear ARB upgrade to which I may go for further down the line.

Lol NYA it does sound good. On the various videos I have seen. :D

Krzys Take it you don't need a remap to use it. I thought you did. :D

Josh yeah I will need the front JDM ARB to fit the Mugen manifold anyway. So worth while upgrading to the rear JDM ARB too.

Was down the beach this weekend lots of various Type Rs around and a FK2 was cruising up and down

Hi Scottish
How many metres of Exhaust heat wrap did you get
Can't remember mate. I will ask Johnny at Elite custom exhausts here in Scotland. He fitted the Mugen twinloop and wrapped it for me. It was from the start the cat back at the cat to the middle silencer at the back of car before it goes to the back box.

Don't need a map for the GM. They do sound the mutts nuts, especially in tunnels.

Back