• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Hi Shifty,

I'm near Glasgow :) And thanks.

So an update I am currently at Grinspeed having my FRSU done. Yes I know at last lol. Having a good laugh with Stevie and co.

I can honestly say what a difference to drive the car now. Steering feels much more responsive and the car feels planted in the corners. Also feels better able to put the power down.

To any new Type R owners make this your first mod. Worth it. Can't thank Grinspeed enough. Even though busy still made a slot available to get me booked in while in the area. Now that's customer service :)

Update. Bought the Project MU CRD discs front/rear to go with my NS400 pads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mugen Facelift grille arrived from injection imports and Mugen keyring to replace my old type r one.

Pics later

Update.

The Project MU CRD front and rear discs arrived on Monday. So these will go nicely with the NS400 brake pads. Looking at the Project MU brake lines too. But looking to see if Stevie could maybe fit me in next week to get the discs and pads fitted. As the front OEM pads are down to 3mm :(

Not much to update.

I am waiting to get the Project MU brake lines. And the cash for the Gruppe M intake :D

Had a quote to get my bonnet resprayed. Front bumper redone as the lacquer is peeling and the back bumper done. Also the scratch on the roof and various bits on the wings done.

Also getting the Mugen front grille painted and fitted too.

Had a clip pulled off by a dodgy speed bump. Had the Exhaust wrapping fixed and new clips attached to the wrapping by Johnny at Elite custom Exhausts yesterday. No damage to the twinloop woot.

Quick update.

Yesterday I had the Project MU Front and rear discs fitted plus the front and rear NS400 pads. Much better braking performance. Project MU lines to follow next year.

Hi All,

Anyone know of a good car interior repairer in Scotland. My Driver side Recaro is looking worn. I checked the price to replace these parts from Honda. Err No lol Like well over 1.5K for the bolster and material to cover.

Cheers

PS. I will put some pics up to show you what I mean.

Quick update. Spoke to Capital seating in Leicester. And they can do the bolster repair and black suede repair on the bolster part.

The EP3 is in to Planet performance next week home of Funky Power to get her Calipers stripped back sandblasted and painted Red with the fronts getting Type-R embosseed done in white. :D

Hi All,

Hope you all had a good and safe Christmas. As promised here is the Calipers done in Ferrari Rosso Scuderia red. A bit brighter than the usual red. The Honda type R embossed was painted white then they were all laquared.

Looks good mate!

How do the new brakes feel? I'm in the market for pads soon as the DS2500's are getting low.

When you get the lines changed get some Motul RBF600 brake fluid and flush it all through, much better than the standard stuff which boils too quick.

Hi Thanks.

The ns400 pads and Project MU discs are a nice upgraded from OEM and the car braking performance is a lot better. OEM discs and pads were good also but you do notice a big difference. Project MU ns400 but for track car maybe the racing rated pads.

Hi Thanks.

The ns400 pads and Project MU discs are a nice upgraded from OEM and the car braking performance is a lot better. OEM discs and pads were good also but you do notice a big difference. Project MU ns400 but for track car maybe the racing rated pads.

Yeah the track car has the 330mm Stoptech 4 pot kit.

Road car is the one needing pads soon :)

Back