• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Very nice setup dude, especially the Project Mu brake setup! I'm pleased with my NS400's and they work well with the RPB discs from Tegiwa, though after warming up they do judder a bit, something which is usual with vented discs I hear.

Hope the Project Mu lines improve the braking further.

Very nice setup dude, especially the Project Mu brake setup! I'm pleased with my NS400's and they work well with the RPB discs from Tegiwa, though after warming up they do judder a bit, something which is usual with vented discs I hear.

Hope the Project Mu lines improve the braking further.

I was looking at the RPB discs as an upgrade from OE but reconsidering if there is juddering when warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the Project MU discs and pads great.Into Grinspeed a week tomorrow for full timing chain and components replaced , oil and oil filter change. Plus vtec solenoid maintance. Replace the gasket/filter and clean it out. April/ May get Stevie to refresh the gearbox and clutch.Thursday this week off to capital seating to have the recaro bolster and material repaired/replaced as it is worn. Plus get some seat covers from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great read this! So clean yours, and as said must of been one of the last ! Mugen twin loop is naughty.

Update,

Went to Grinspeed second week of Jan to have the timing chain, tenioner and guides replaced. Vtec Solenoid gasket replaced and a mini service. :D

Car feels like new. Another fun visit to Grinspeed.

Sorry, I have just been busy with work. Will try to get pics up at the weekend.

Didn't realise you had the project mu discs. They look smart.

Are they one piece?
Also which supplier did you use ordering them?

Passed the MOT. :) Caliper replaced and painted. Old one rebuilt and ready for painting as a spare. Managed to source to EP3 style logo Premier edition calipers.

As it was my birthday this week and the car was in need of a new clutch I took a trip to Grinspeed yesterday and got a Lighter flywheel, OEM Honda clutch kit and an MFactory LSD Stage 1 racepack upgrade unit installed. The clutch had been on the car since new from the factory and covered 100K miles so can't complain really.

All I can say is wow what a difference and the acceleration that bit quicker. :D

Not a lot to report.

But had the front wings, bonnet and front bumper and splitter repainted. Pics to follow. :)

Might be buying a DC5 prefacelift. Not sure yet. Will keep you posted.

So I decided to pass on the DC5. Older car. Tough I do like them I have to be practical now and save for the FK8 with now being with the gf for nearly a year and not getting any younger if I want a family.... On the plus side though........

Have ordered and received the Genuine Honda JDM front and rear ARBs, and new drop linkswhich Stevie and Grinspeed will be fitting in January. :) Just sourcing the Gruppe M for the EP3 as well. :)

Also new front grille Honda badge and type R bade to go on too. :)

You're travelling a long way dude for what's a fairly easy DIY job, though I guess if the links give Stevie some grief it's easier than struggling on a driveway!

You're travelling a long way dude for what's a fairly easy DIY job, though I guess if the links give Stevie some grief it's easier than struggling on a driveway!

lol. I'm traveling down to North Wales to see family so makes sense on way back to Scotland have Stevie do the work :)

Can't argue with your logic there dude :)

Quick update. Happy New year to everyone. So I was at Grinspeed last Friday and had the new Gen Drop links installed the Gen JDM front and rear ARBs fitted a MFactory flywheel, exeedy OEM clutch fitted.

Had my tracking redone and my FRSU re-setup after the tracking was sorted. :)

minor service done. Front and rear engine mounts on way out so had inserts put in as a stop gap but the vibration is err doing my head in lol. They get changed to a new Front and rear engine mounts tomorrow.

Back