• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

What difference do you think the lightened flywheel made?
I've just got a NHB facelift recently and I'm enjoying getting stuck in to it.
Just collected a set of 17" Autec wheels and Yoko AD08 tyres.
Tyres are 235/40/17 so wider than the 205 that was on the original wheels but as they're a 40 rather than a 45 then they must be closer to 2 width profiles out than 3.

Ordered an original airbox so just need to fit that in work next week. Someone's put an eBay special carbon 'look' air filter on it.
Done engine oil and filter, NGK iridiums, gearbox oil, pollen filters and 3 new wiper blades so far :)
Oh, and new OEM mats, too!

Going to sort the headlights out next (going hazy and yellow), as well as get a new gear knob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think I need a new front engine mount. When I had my inserts put in they helped with axle tramping but it's returned so I can only assume the mount needs changing.

Not enjoying the race car mod? :lol:

What difference do you think the lightened flywheel made?

The engine revs more freely and just feels more alive. The acceleration feels better too. And with the MFactory LSD with Stage 1 racepack certainly helps put the power down. Def worth doing.

I have an Ultralight brand flywheel I will be selling as I wanted an MFactory one. It is only 5 months old. Stevie at Grinspeed bought it in and fitted it for me in August 2017. Just replaced it in Jan there but nothing wrong with it. :)

Yeah I think I need a new front engine mount. When I had my inserts put in they helped with axle tramping but it's returned so I can only assume the mount needs changing.

Not enjoying the race car mod? :lol:

LOL hated the inserts :p Cabin vibration with just the front and rear engine mounts done. Was a workaround until could get new engine mounts. Which has now been down and quiet again :p I should sell you my old ones with the inserts in lol

I have an Ultralight brand flywheel I will be selling as I wanted an MFactory one. It is only 5 months old. Stevie at Grinspeed bought it in and fitted it for me in August 2017. Just replaced it in Jan there but nothing wrong with it. :)

How much does it weigh? How much does a standard one weigh? Mine doesn't need a clutch yet but as soon as it does it'll be getting a lightweight flywheel.
It's on 115k and no record of a clutch change in the history so could be coming up soon.

How much does it weigh? How much does a standard one weigh? Mine doesn't need a clutch yet but as soon as it does it'll be getting a lightweight flywheel.
It's on 115k and no record of a clutch change in the history so could be coming up soon.

Facelift EP3 Flywheel Weight 4.9KG (OEM) my MFactory one is 9lbs converted = 4.08KG part number MF-TRS-09K20. As I said was bought and fitted via Stevie at Grinspeed. :)

LOL hated the inserts :p Cabin vibration with just the front and rear engine mounts done. Was a workaround until could get new engine mounts. Which has now been down and quiet again :p I should sell you my old ones with the inserts in lol

I've already got inserts in mine haha!

I've already got inserts in mine haha!

Are you going for Genuine Honda front and rear engine mounts? I am just reading your build thread for Bob. And didn't realise you had all that gearbox work done back in June 2015 :)

MFactory LSD made a huge difference :)

Think I want an LSD, too! While the gearbox is out, lol.
I'll wait until the clutch goes for the flywheel I think.
Out of interest, are all the lightweight flywheels just 20% lighter?

Out of interest, are all the lightweight flywheels just 20% lighter?

Original EP3 flywheel is around 7.9kg, facelift is 4.9kg I think, 38% difference is significant.

Some lightened flywheels mass as little as 2.8kg. I suspect they wouldn't last though.

Just a quick update:

Car had both rear calipers rebuilt and repainted. Driver side one was sticking badly. So just got both rebuilt. Also bought some New NS 400 Project Mu pads for the rebuikd calipers.

Bought a GruppeM induction kit and waiting on that ti arrive. :)

Just a quick update:

Also bought some New NS 400 Project Mu pads for the rebuikd calipers.

Have you had any time to say if you think the rear pads are any good?

I need some new rear discs and pads and am considering the Project Mu pads.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Have you had any time to say if you think the rear pads are any good?

I need some new rear discs and pads and am considering the Project Mu pads.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
I'd just go cheap and cheerful at the back, works fine even on the track car as the rear doesn't do that much.

Just ordered some Pagid rear discs so maybe Pagid or Brembo rear pads?

Brembo read pads are perfect, good performance and almost no brake dust :)

I've had Project Mu on other cars in the past and I am not a fan personally.

Brembo read pads are perfect, good performance and almost no break dust :)

I've had Project Mu on other cars in the past and I am not a fan personally.

Ordered a set of Brembo rear pads from Euro Car Parts exactly 90 minutes ago for £17.50 and they have just been delivered. Not bad!

Not too many updates.

Just so busy at the moment with getting married this year. And switching from contractor to permie job.

Have any of you had any experience of silicone pipes from this company below? I am looking to change out the OEM induction and cooling pipes.

https://www.jsperformance.co.uk/

http://www.jsperformance.co.uk/sili...nda-civic-type-r-induction-hose-kit-ep3-hoses

http://www.jsperformance.co.uk/sili...honda-civic-type-r-coolant-hose-kit-ep3-hoses

Waiting on my new front brake pads to arrive and going back to Honda OEM front and rear discs with Honda Genuine rear pads. Pagid RS-29 front pads. And the GOODRIDGE STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE LINE PHANTOM KIT - in red.

Back