• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Service

Hi Guys,

Ill be servicing my EP3 next weekend.

The list of Jobs will be -
  • Replace Oil Filter
  • Replace Fuel Filter
  • Replace Oil
  • Replace Air Filters
  • Check Brake wear and Tyre Wear
  • Replace Gearbox Fluid/Oil

Is there anything else i need to take a look at while i have it on the ramp and i am getting my hands dirty? Also, how long will it take for the ECU to notice the oil change and adjust?

Thanks

It'll tell you in your service schedule what needs to be done in accordance with your mileage etc. While it's up on the ramps you could check suspension components, track rod ends, bushes etc and check engine mounts, top mounts etc too.

Cheers, im on 112000 miles and have replaced the springs and added camber arms around 1000 miles back so that should be all good. Engine mounts are looking good too. One thing i have noticed is that i get a sort of scratching sound from the cat it seems when i hit high revs. It seems to be vibration related as ive just put an M2 exhaust on it....... Also the car seems to wine from the engine in lower gears...

Just for the record i found out what the scratching sound was. Basically the heat shield around the driveshaft had a bolt loose. This in turn was causing vibration and thus making the sound described above.

Back