• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Shell V Power DONT USE

I just wanted to bring this topic up due to the fact of experience,iv always used Shell vPower 99ron in all my cars and recently was low on fuel,the station Shell was to far to drive to due to location,then I went into nearest petrol station was Tesco,they have Momentum 99ron so I filled the car up and straight away engine felt good,drive was smooth,and felt more responsive,iv also been told about Shell via work colleagues not to use shell v power,and ever since iv filled up Momentum this is going to be my future fuel intake.

Never tried Momentum as I don't have a Tesco in my city believe it or not. Always been satisfield with the Vpower though.

I just wanted to bring this topic up due to the fact of experience,iv always used Shell vPower 99ron in all my cars and recently was low on fuel,the station Shell was to far to drive to due to location,then I went into nearest petrol station was Tesco,they have Momentum 99ron so I filled the car up and straight away engine felt good,drive was smooth,and felt more responsive,iv also been told about Shell via work colleagues not to use shell v power,and ever since iv filled up Momentum this is going to be my future fuel intake.

Did your work colleagues say why? Any proof or just their opinion?

Shell V Power is all I have used since having this car and the power / pickup feels perfect to me?

There have been many a myth over the years of Shell V Power being no good, is not actually 99 Ron etc, most of which have been debunked (I believe, please correct me if wrong).

I would have thought if there was an issue with V Power then somebody somewhere would be screaming from the rafters and it would be everywhere.....

Did your work colleagues say why? Any proof or just their opinion?

Shell V Power is all I have used since having this car and the power / pickup feels perfect to me?

There have been many a myth over the years of Shell V Power being no good, is not actually 99 Ron etc, most of which have been debunked (I believe, please correct me if wrong).

I would have thought if there was an issue with V Power then somebody somewhere would be screaming from the rafters and it would be everywhere.....
My colleague also changed fuel intake was told to aswell,it made a difference for him and me
All I can say is to have a try.

I found V power made the FN2 skittish like it was on heat.
BP Ultimate solved that but now I use supermarket E5, not noticed Tesco 99 being different to Morrisons or Sainsbury 97 but all smoother than Shell.

my colleagues advise to out a squirt of WD40 in the tank with every fill up. I swear it makes car run much better.

oh no , wait, that is bollocks

just like the OP post

i work in a refinery. There is no bad "performance" fuel. This just shows the power of the internet, people talking bollocks.

I run a civic fk2 and when e10 became the standard unleaded I put in super unleaded 99 ron, immediately I got approx 5-6mpg more than e5 but because it was quite a lot more in cost and the fact that the fk2 is tuned to run on 95 Ron I took the view that I was paying for 99ron which wouldn't give a better performance,so I decided to stick with e5 97 Ron which is still 5,% ethanol so the performance doesn't suffer Regards Fred.

have found Shell V makes my FN2 run less smoothly than other 99/97 RON fuels so don't use it.
Sticking with Morrisons/Sainsburys 97 E5 at the moment as they are both cheaper and more convenient.

Yes I use Sainsbury's e5 97 ron. At the beginning of July the Brent crude barrels fell to their lowest and the big supermarkets did not reflect this and then by only a few p/litre.It wasn't until the privately run petrol stations were selling petrol and diesel at around 15 to 20p/litre less than the supermarkets and sales were dropping and eventually they had to drop their prices in line with the private petrol stations to regain sales. Now Sainsbury's in my area Wakefield are the cheapest. I think we were ripped off all July till the prices were reduced at the end of July/early August. Regards Fred

Back