• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Silenced m2

Hi all was thinking of purchasing a silenced m2 spoon style motorsport cat back from TDi North for my ep3 can any one tell me how load are these. I have listened to the silenced m2 on you tube and they don’t seem that loud but it’s hard to tell. Any advise on this would be a great help,

Thanks Jon.

I had one with an aftermarket manifold and it was too loud and droney for me, it's not raspy and a nice deep sound. With standard manifold it shouldn't be too bad. Azazl on here has my system now, but I've not heard it. I'm sure he will pop up soon.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I now run a 3inch system from tdi which is much better to live with!

Thanks for that I was also looking at the tdi exhaust but can’t find many sound clips about!sounds like m2 may be too noisy for me it’s hard to judge unless you hear it yourself.

Hey bud. I have the silenced M2 b pipe and Spoon style back box as Norv has mentioned and its ok for me. When the car starts up in the morning it can be a little loud but after the car has warmed up the sound is deep and nice without rasp. Its not riicer at all either in my opinion.

If you keep her below 3 - 4k then the noise is kinda normal but as soon as you start pushing it you get a good deep sound which to me sounds performance and not cheap baked bean can tip if that makes sense.....

I am running standard intake mani and standard exhaust mani with the airbox mod.

I had one with an aftermarket manifold and it was too loud and droney for me, it's not raspy and a nice deep sound. With standard manifold it shouldn't be too bad. Azazl on here has my system now, but I've not heard it. I'm sure he will pop up soon.

Hope this helps.

We need to sort out a road trip at some point. I wonder where the next meet is in the south......

Cheers for that all helps towards making up my mind I’ve looked at dc sports, TDi North 3inch, m2 , and cobra sport and yes I’ve looked at spoon n1. I currently run spoon b pipe and magnex back box with cold air feed and tuned with dasktec unichip but it’s time for a new exhaust and a k100 tuned at TDi north.

We need to sort out a road trip at some point. I wonder where the next meet is in the south......
Yeah there was one at Thruxton a while back but I was away that weekend. Maybe we shout try and sort something out?

Cheers for that all helps towards making up my mind I’ve looked at dc sports, TDi North 3inch, m2 , and cobra sport and yes I’ve looked at spoon n1. I currently run spoon b pipe and magnex back box with cold air feed and tuned with dasktec unichip but it’s time for a new exhaust and a k100 tuned at TDi north.
If it was cheaper I'd be going for a fuji rm01a, they sound really nice and give good power. For 3 inch speed fab silent system gets really good reviews. I'm happy with my tdi one though, for long journeys the bung helps and the dB levels are good which means even Thruxton is a possibility with the bung on 88dn I think and without it was 94db at 6k rpm.

Everyone has different tastes with exhausts, so it's all subjective anyway. Most people aren't looking for every sap of power available so anything 2.5 and over will be fine.

Back