• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Spark plug gap

I have bought some Iridium Spark plugs from eBay, before I install them I'm just curious about a the gap size and setting the gap. I know the gap size is supposed to be 1.0m. I hear both sides of the story that some say the gap is pre-set and some say they need to be adjusted. According to the NGK the plugs are set to a certain gap but that they need to be reset to manufactures specs but the point on the Iridium's is tiny I'm worried about breaking it.

Do I just leave the gap as pre-set or do I need to change it?

You have answered your question yourself there. With the type of plug you have you CANNOT adjust the gap safely as you will damage the plug. They are pre gapped during production so just bung them in. The older type plugs with a copper electrode can be gapped however.

you shouldn't need to adjust gap on modern plugs for a civic they're pre gapped as al says.

Back