• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Speedo inop

Hi guys, my Speedo has stopped working since removing my head unit, engine light also on, found some wires that seem to be broken could they be from the Speedo converter that was fitted on import last year by torque gt and then causing my problem?

There’s a yellow and green wire coming from the obd plug a pink wire coming from the ecu and I’m not sure where the purple wire goes to, I take it the pink and purple wires should go to the yellow and green but in what order? Any advice would be a massive help! Thanks

IMG_7421.jpg
IMG_7420.jpg
IMG_7419.jpg
IMG_7418.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, difficult to see everything from the pics so this response will be made up of speculation!
From what I can make out, the purple wire is running up behind the glovebox on the dash and stops at the bullet connection behind where the stereo was?
If so this could MAYBE be an aftermarket antenna wire. Purple wire is usually speaker wire though I think so it could also be remnants of wire going to an aftermarket speaker?

The pink wire is more difficult to figure from your pics because I can’t see where it finishes?

If someone taps into one of those wires usually it’s because they’re looking for a power feed. Maybe say footwell lights for example. Having said that, I found the RSX wiring diagram, May/may not be the same as DC5 but that suggests it’s a ground wire. I guess it could still have been used as a power source though.

The Speedo issue is a weird one because I wouldn’t expect anything near the stereo to affect it. There are a few converters out there I guess so could be worth calling torque to confirm the type they use. I’d expect the converter unit to be in the engine bay. From memory it sits somewhere near the top of the gearbox, under the air box I think? You’ll see 2 wires possible red and yellow although I’m going by memory of some 7 years ago lol.

So in summary, seems very strange to trigger a Speedo fault in the area you’ve been in. Only things I can think of are either a fault has been caused to the ECU because it’s spliced in that way or you’ve upset the loom where it’s going into the converter from behind the bulkhead.

My head is saying stereo and Speedo have to be completely unrelated things!

Back