• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeak

i have a strange creaking noise when i tuen my steering wheel left or right, sounds like some sort of rubber bush creaking....do u reckon its Top mounts or something else?

No, more than likely a bush at the top of the steering colum getting dry or the wiring loom in the upper and lower casing behind the steering wheel needs repositioning.
Next time the car is at the dealers get them to check the tightness of the suspension strutt top mounts as a few have needed to be torqued up a bit.
(Clonking from the steering)

Dave S said:
No, more than likely a bush at the top of the steering colum getting dry or the wiring loom in the upper and lower casing behind the steering wheel needs repositioning.
Next time the car is at the dealers get them to check the tightness of the suspension strutt top mounts as a few have needed to be torqued up a bit.
(Clonking from the steering)

Mate i dont do garages

its not a clonking, just a creaking noise, just wondered if anyone else had come accross this problem

Yes i have same prob when the wheel is moved slighty whilst driving- not all the time but annoying. Have taken back to dealer but they could not find anything, but now getting worse so i am going back again soon.

Not sure if mine has the same problem or it's something different. But I'm currently getting a lot of squeaking when the steering wheel is turned just of centre to the right. Its getting quite loud now. Only happens after the car has been going for about 15 min.

Had the problem before, the dealer took the pads off and gave them a clean, seemed to help for a few weeks but the noise is back now and even worse :roll:

Back