• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeaking coming from front of car/Engine bay

Hey Guys and Girls,

My EP3 seems to have developed an annoying squeak when the car or engine lurches slightly. For example, its worse in reverse. You know EP3s have a tendency to be a bit jolty in reverse and it can be hard to control the car to a steady speed, well when that jolty moment happens i get a squeak from somewhere in the engine bay.

I have had a mate round who has listened for me and then ive got him to do the same action and listened myself with the bonnet up but its really hard to pin point. I have sprayed the engine mounts with some lube but im not so sure it is them.

Im hoping not but it could be clutch.... It also happens when im moving forward in a low gear and you have that jolty kangaroo juice moment like all EP3s do with a bit of poor clutch control :)

Any ideas?

Could it be the exhaust flexing as the engine moves? Can chuck it over the pit one evening and have a look if you want mate?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Could it be the exhaust flexing as the engine moves? Can chuck it over the pit one evening and have a look if you want mate?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Hey bud. Yea i thought that so i get the car up on the stands at the weekend and sprayed all the rubber hangers with lube and checked everything over that i could and there didnt seem anything amiss. Ive previously removed heat shields as well so it cant be those. Ill text you now and we can sort a time to check it over in the pit.

Hey Guys and Girls,

My EP3 seems to have developed an annoying squeak when the car or engine lurches slightly. For example, its worse in reverse. You know EP3s have a tendency to be a bit jolty in reverse and it can be hard to control the car to a steady speed, well when that jolty moment happens i get a squeak from somewhere in the engine bay.

I have had a mate round who has listened for me and then ive got him to do the same action and listened myself with the bonnet up but its really hard to pin point. I have sprayed the engine mounts with some lube but im not so sure it is them.

Im hoping not but it could be clutch.... It also happens when im moving forward in a low gear and you have that jolty kangaroo juice moment like all EP3s do with a bit of poor clutch control :)

Any ideas?

I had the exact same sound when moving off it makes a Squeak noise turns out to be Sub Frame Bolts worn out rusted up
The Kangaroo juice moment, don't know what really causes that i get that when stuck in traffic and moving slow in 1st gear

I had the exact same sound when moving off it makes a Squeak noise turns out to be Sub Frame Bolts worn out rusted up
The Kangaroo juice moment, don't know what really causes that i get that when stuck in traffic and moving slow in 1st gear

OK nice one, ill take a look at those tonight! Maybe give them a tighten and a bit of Copper grease.

OK so the front engine mount is torn so the engine is moving around more than i should so this could cause the squeak. I was going to buy some inserts but im not sure if you can use the inserts on an already damaged mount.... What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK all, i have now bought a new mount and the inserts are already on order. Screw it ill fit both haha

Back