• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Squeky noise from exhaust (Spoon N1 and B pipe)

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Get it when just driving around, quite loud. It's kind of a springy noise and I think it may be coming from the cat area, but then again sometimes it sounds like it's the back box area.

Any idea as it really does my nut it and it must be quite loud outside the car so quite embarresing.

Do you get this noise just before VTEC when the engine is under load, and does it get worse the hotter the engine/exhaust gets ??, reason I say this is because my mate has the same setup as you, I have a Tanabe catback and we both have a similar problem to yours. I wonder if it is the exhaust manifold blowing slightly when the engine is under load ?? due to engine "twist".

smeg said:
Wasn't this happening before mate?
Yes but I never got it sorted.

chippyleigh said:
Do you get this noise just before VTEC when the engine is under load, and does it get worse the hotter the engine/exhaust gets ??, reason I say this is because my mate has the same setup as you, I have a Tanabe catback and we both have a similar problem to yours. I wonder if it is the exhaust manifold blowing slightly when the engine is under load ?? due to engine "twist".

Kind of. Mainly it's under decelaration or hard tourque accelaration. Can't hear bugger all else but the Gruppe M above 4500 rpm so I'm not sure what it's doing then :twisted:

Also like you say it does it when the engine is hot. I might try and uprate the engine mounts to see if that helps in any way.

I don't see if this can be caused by blowing though at the cat?

My mate has just changed his engine mounts and this has cured the noise. The lower mount (behind the rad) was totally knackered. I will order mine today.

chippyleigh said:
My mate has just changed his engine mounts and this has cured the noise. The lower mount (behind the rad) was totally knackered. I will order mine today.

I hope it's not the mount. The car was brand nex in July!

Back