• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Start of my project

Well tomorrow I SORN my 2007 FN2 and start work. I have already completed a full service on her and she runs like a dream, I cannot believe how much I enjoy driving her, she has only 73,000 miles on her but even so its a very very tight drive. The bodywork however is a different story as the previous owner was a very elderly gent so most panels have been introduced into stationary or otherwise objects, and there is also the inevitable roof corrosion issue.

But first off I am going to see if I can repair the clock, radio and climate control display, I will post how I get on. Next up I will refurb the alloys, and then prep the bodywork, so when the better weather is with us I am ready to have the windscreen removed so I can properly sort the corrosion issues, and I will then do a full respray. I will use rather more material than the factory, Nexia waterborne basecoat, followed by 3 good coats of Nexia lacquer before a new screen goes in.

I figure this will sort the one weakness of the FN2, which in my view is the poor factory paint job.

Home and work commitments allowing I hope to have her back in commission by the end of summer.

Back