• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Supercharging fn2 type r

Hi , am looking to supercharge my fn2 and wondering if anyone has herd of kraftwerks supercharging and any feed back would be great good or bad . Thanks

Heard of them, but never heard of anyone who runs their s/c kit. I think a lot of people on here run either rotrex or Jackson racing. What made you look at kraftwerks?

Try Honda hq they can supply and fit a Rotrex kit, Search Honda Hq on Facebook. Thinking of getting mine done.

The kraftwerks kit is a Rotrex SC kit. I'm not a big fan of Rotrex chargers themselves as they have been poor for years, impellers shearing, bearings wearing quickly and the shafts becoming deformed. There have been many failures over the years as I'm sure there have been many running without issue. Allegedly they have now been improved but I'm less than convinced.

Touch wood I haven't had any problems with my rotrex, although Ceri at Eurospec is on her 3rd or 4th :eek:

If I were to charge I'd be inclined to look at a CT charger, make decent low down torque and seems to be more reliable than Rotrex.

If I were to charge I'd be inclined to look at a CT charger, make decent low down torque and seems to be more reliable than Rotrex.

;)

Yeah been looking at the Jackson racing, but the better option is the Comptech Charger (CT engineering)
It using the same supercharger unit but the nose bracket that has the output shaft is extended giving better support than on the Jackson unit which is prone to snapping.
The tensioner is a far better design on the CT using a twin roller system. CT have redesigned the axel supports to offer more support.
The CT kit is a direct fitment. No cutting or modifying of other parts unlike the Jackson that requires you to trim the thermostat housing and bend an aircon pipe. The CT kit does come with a spacer for the aircon line to extend it which is a nice addition but it does mean you need to break the pipes so a re-gas is required.
The CT kit runs at 10PSI as well wheras the Jackson runs at 9PSI with similar mods.
The actual chargers are the same design made by Magnusson and have proven very reliable but its the little extra bits that make the difference but its is a good proven system.

It also comes with a pretty cool carbon cover:

2011-08-14120640.jpg

Back