• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ted's track day EP3

Ted

I've scoured this forum for quite some time now and taken alot of good hints and tips away. So I guess it's time I actually make a contribution instead of being some kind of seedy voyeur!

Now unfortunately I've already done a good 75% of my cars build and being lost in the moment has led me to not have alot of pictures during the building phase. But I'll show you what I have and try and keep this up to date as much as I can :thumbup:

Here he is good old Cyril Civic in a near current state.

The current spec list is as follows :

Engine

Tegiwa carbon air box
Tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold
Toda centre pipe
Toda dolphin tip back box
M2 intake manifold
Skunk2 fuel rail
Hondata K100 (217BHP mapped at Eurospec)
Thermal block gasket
Thermal Tb gasket
16 row Mocal oil cooler
Baffled sump
Magnetic drainPlug

Drivetrain

KAAZ 1.5 way diff
Carbontech syncros
King Motorsport 5.84 final drive
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
Solid shifter bushes
short shifter bracket

Suspension

HSD coilovers
Skunk2 rear lower arms
Skunk2 rear camber arms
Superpro full bush kit with added front castor increase
Energy suspension engine mount inserts
Powerflex gearbox insert
Steering rack riser bracket
Subframe locking collars
JDM rear anti roll bar
JDM front anti roll bar
Tegiwa front strut brace
Custom cages 6 point MSA spec weld in cage

Braking

ABS Removed
Wilwood Dynalite front callipers
Wilwood Front grooved discs
Ferodo DS3000 pads front pads
Ferodo DS2500 Rear brake pads
Powerslot grooved rear discs
HEL braided hoses throughout car w/Tilton bias valve
RBF600 brake fluid

Interior/Bodywork

Recaro SP-G Carbon kevlar race seat
Corbeau pro series race seat
TRS HANS 5 point harness
Lexan windows sides and rear
Blackworks gold weighted shifter
Personal Grinta steering wheel
MotoCorsa snap off steering boss
Defi water/oil temp/pressure gauges
Odyssey race battery with dash mounted cut off
Side skirts removed
Rear bumper half cut
Front bumper trimmed down and thinned where possible.

Wheels

Rota Slipstream 7x16
Toyo R888 215/50/16- 225/55/16 (staggered) (DRY)
Toyo R1R 225/55/16 (WET)

Jobs still to do

Create a mega front diffuser
Create a new rear diffuser

Last edited by a moderator:
As a picture paints a thousand words im just going to throw a few pics up :blush:

That's enough random picture posting for now. Shame I can't produce a chronological build but at least I can keep this thread going! :4:

As of last weekend I began to remove any unneeded weight within the car, removing random wires cutting out my doors and removing all electrics in them etc. Which led me to a decent weight saving prob in total 10kg's

This was all good and dandy and then I started to become more and more adventurous with the snips....I ended up cutting 'something' I probably shouldnt of and now am stuck in a state whereby the car just will not start.

At first I thought I snipped the fuel relay wire but myself and Will (Nicad7) confirmed that the fuel pump is working just fine. So now i'm stuck with the unenviable task of tracking the light perpetrator down! What is frustrating as when ever I snipped wire I always started the engine but got a little over confident and neglected to turn it over after a few snips. So it isn't as simple a job as I had hoped. I've had the dash out to get amongst the wiring but still nothing good happening. The immobiliser isn't the issue or at least the green key isn't showing on the clocks so I've ruled that out. Also I removed the alarm system which in all fairness was a joke of a system but this was removed after it was proved not to start.

I'm tempted to buy a new dash harness and see whats going wrong and if needs be replace it with the bought one.

I've been trying to use the Honda service catalogue for wiring diagrams but find them of a real poor quality. Does anybody else have any good wiring guides or know of where I can get hold of a decent guide? :15:

Nice. Serious track weapon that I expect. :smt023

Good luck with the loom. Not my specialty I'm afraid.

It sure does go round the track well. I was most impressed by the brakes even with my late heavy braking they refused to fade so maybe the caliper upgrade I was intending on can be put on the back burner for a bit. The grip as well was seemingly never ending (apart from when I was a bit over zealous on standing water and being spat out into the infield)

In all honesty I've never had as much fun as I have done in this car, it's a pleasure to drive and generally when I haven't buggered around with something very easy to maintain. It is surprisingly quick, so much so that I was having a good time with some form of Porsche championship race car at Castle Coombe. He just couldn't shake me and we had a good chat after shook my hand and carried on the rest of the day chasing each other.:cool:

Great spec car you've created! Pretty much what i'm aiming for with mine. Good luck with the wiring aswell - might sound daft but have you checked all the important fuses? Any blown ones could point you in the right direction

I did check them all but I'm going to double check everything again with a fine tooth comb. I'm happy I've got fuelling the battery prob could do with a charge as the cars not been run up very much on the last few months even though the batt has been disconnected.

i think the starter motor is on it's way out but it isn't producing any audible signs that that's not working right now. The engine turns over fine just does t kick into life. Ideally need to spend a full weekend on it testing everything. It can be a pain not having anywhere permanent to store/work on the car. And ons really having weekends to be proactive with it.

I really must find time/somewhere to work on this issue. Have just moved job location so struggling to find work space at the moment. All private rental workshops are big bucks. Could do with getting involved with a few people in the Hampshire area that would be interested in a decent sized unit to rent to keep costs down.

There's two of us, myself and my good friend Will that races a very strong spec track EG6 could do with a few more like minded trusty fellows to join in though.

Ooh that excites me slightly. I haven't really had chance to get out and about the area properly really. But I may just have to take a visit see what they can make of my wiring faux pas.

Very nice build!

And I'm surprised you're liking the brakes, I have a similar setup and keep boiling them on track. Do you brake hard and late?

Yeah I'm not shy with the brakes. Maybe it's down to the fact the tracks I've done have always been pretty cold/wet days. I'm yet to take it on a warm day so maybe that'll uncover some weak points.

Finally have this weekend to work on the car!

Hopefully come Sunday all will be right with world again!

Unfortunately still haven't been able to find the electrical fault. So I'm going to cut my losses and just buy a new dash loom, slow time strip it down so that I don't cock it up again tape it all back up nice and tidy then swap it out. At the moment it's like a needle in a haystack trying to find the issue, I do have a feeling it's an earth I've snipped somewhere though. The flicky lights on the dash give that away.

Just to clarify if it's an immobiliser issue I'll see a green key light flashing on the dash? I don't have any green key light at all on the dash, but I do remember when it worked fine seeing a green key before start up. Can anyone just confirm what the sketch is with the key light?

Thanks

My green key light comes on with ignition then goes off after couple of seconds! Then when turning off it flashes couple of times!
If thats any help mate

Back