• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tegiwa? Gruppe m replica

£300 and they look to be a good copy.

They don't come with a scuttle though, so you'll have to cut your own.

£300????

Save your cash and get a genuine second hand one for £400.

Was wondering if anyone had tried it or knew if any dyno results were available as if it delivers similar gains it could be a cheap alternative

I have the REAL thing for sale!!! Gruppe m-£420!!! and only 2months old at most and this does give gooooooood gains its proven

cheap alternatives end well will not

Well with the pictures and write ups I have seen so far there hasnt been a bad word said about it. I mean look at this way rota wheels are all fakes using lower grade materials than the original (so i am told) unyet no one knocks them for being "cheap alternatives that will not end well" so what is the difference?

Personally if you can get a brand new kit which looks and performs the same as its much more expensive (and i would suggest massively overpriced by the manufacturer who are making a fast buck from it) then i would save the money and buy the copy.

I can see they look more or less identical, but for me I would have to stick with the Gruppe M.

TI_EP3_GPINTAKE1.JPG

TI_EP3_GPINTAKE.JPG

It looks like you have to source yourself a modded scuttle too..

I can see why people would stick with the gruppe but if the tegiwa are as good as they look, and when results begin to appear (if they give similar results) surely then they will become a possible alternative? I would jump at a cheap gruppe m, but part of me still doesnt want to pay over £500 or £400 second hand! Dont get me wrong i would love one as all the positive feed back they recieve clearly is on the money as they are so popular. It just seems the £500 price tag which is probably more than 5x what it costs to make each one has given other companies a chance to replicate the product and sell it cheaper and still make a tidy profit! (This is all a big hope btw so if they are good I can buy the cheap replica! :smt023)

Personally if you can get a brand new kit which looks and performs the same as its much more expensive (and i would suggest massively overpriced by the manufacturer who are making a fast buck from it) then i would save the money and buy the copy.

I see what you're saying, and yes, its true to a degree, but dressing your car up in desirable dress and performance parts is almost totally about bragging rights. Having the best of something.

For most of us on this forum anyway, we don't all TA our cars and rely heavily on performance.

I'd rather have a genuine AEM than a fake, un-proven Gruppe 'M. What if the case splits after 5'000 miles, you will be stuck with the bill of getting something else. I've not heard of a single problem with a GM, in regards to reliability, the carbon is perfect and the fixings are also.

By all means get one and prove me wrong, but at the end of the day I would still save my money and have the real thing.

It looks the nuts and sounds amazing, its expensive for a reason.....its the best.

Its like clothes, you'd perhaps feel better in a Hugo Boss suit than a Tesco look alike, they both do the same thing. But one will do it better.

I believe a newbie on here has placed his order on one, so be good to see his views when fitted. I noted that theres no water drain hole in it (but could be the angle of the box) so that cant be good, especially if you use a jet washer

I believe a newbie on here has placed his order on one, so be good to see his views when fitted. I noted that theres no water drain hole in it (but could be the angle of the box) so that cant be good, especially if you use a jet washer

That would be good an unbiased view! do you know who it was and when they ordered it?

What people seem to forget is that the Gruppe-m is only expensive as it is now because of the rubbish exchange rate. Back in 2007 I think it was I purchased mine for £320 which included shipping and import charges.

I will be interested to see what Tegiwa do if the exchange rate starts to fall in our favour again.

Also interested to see an EP3 on a dyno with the Tegiwa copy and Gruppe-m on the same car on the same day.

(and i would suggest massively overpriced by the manufacturer who are making a fast buck from it)

Funnily enough, Gruppe M have little say in the global economy and the strength of the pound vs the yen. The real Gruppe M is made in Japan only and costs 192,000 yen regardless of how well or bad other currencies are.

2-3 years ago, if Tegiwa were to put their replica on the market for their current price it would have pretty much been the same as a Brand new Gruppe M. Then who would be making a fast buck? Plus, Gruppe M have done all of the R&D which surprisingly doesn't come cheap, whereas Tegiwa have taken a Gruppe M (probably borrowed one) and copied it.

<Edit> Just seen your post Lottie. Spot on as usual.

I'm sorry but i wouldn't buy one out of principle, even if they were exactly the same and provided the same gains, as per Jermal's comment.

"Gruppe M have done all of the R&D which surprisingly doesn't come cheap, whereas Tegiwa have taken a Gruppe M (probably borrowed one) and copied it."

People doing things like this takes money from the real companies who do the real development, thousands of hours of research. Eventually these comapnies won't be able to afford this kind of development if everyone starts buying cheap knock offs.

Perfect example is PC games and Movie DVDs, look how shocking the development has become for them since all the piracy, PC gamers get dodgy console ports and films no longer come with any special extras that are worth it.

What people seem to forget is that the Gruppe-m is only expensive as it is now because of the rubbish exchange rate. Back in 2007 I think it was I purchased mine for £320 which included shipping and import charges.

I will be interested to see what Tegiwa do if the exchange rate starts to fall in our favour again.

Also interested to see an EP3 on a dyno with the Tegiwa copy and Gruppe-m on the same car on the same day.

No, that not quite true.

GM Japan dropped the discount that was offered. You now pay the MRRP.

Most people don't realise that and blame the exchange rate which is only true to a degree.

Back