• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Testing air con pump through relay socket??

Hi,

Does anybody know if its possible to send 12v with my power probe through the relay socket down to the compressor?

I'm having a vacuum and recharge done tomorrow and i just want to check that the compressor actually works as it hasn't been used for years..

I know it doesn't kick in when gas is low so just want to do a quick test..

Thanks in advance

Which Power Probe do you have? I think some do have a feature for supplying a live connection to components.

I'd be wary of just banging the full whack from the battery into the relay though (assuming you want to use the probe to activate the relay) not sure what voltage/current the low power relay circuits run off.

It's the Sealey power probe that I have, I need to work which terminal is the main feed to the pump so I can test it if this is at all possible? As I can barely see the pump let alone get a probe to it.. :rolleyes:

If not is the live on the pump easy enough to get to?

Sorted.. just took the cover off the relay and pushed the contact in.. clutch engaged

Found a green dodgy wire on the pressure switch though so will chop it off and stick a new plug on tomorrow

I hope so mate.

Can't see there being much more to it.

I'm a bit gutted I never noticed it years ago, had it gassed up and it never worked so left it. It's the missus' car so she was happy until she used my FK2 this week and said I had to sort it.. :rolleyes:

Get it gassed up now and keep her quiet for a bit fingers crossed

Back