• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

The MOT

In other words, if you have aftermarket HIDs, then as long as the beam is to MOT standard and the wiring etc is safe, you will pass. Bonus for some I guess.

proof in the pudding in a months time when all the rudeboys with aftermarket xenon kits and no washers go for MOTs. fingers crossed they will go straight through as i fall into that category.

I'll speak to our MOT cunts today and find out the crack. They are horribly obsessive with keeping up to date with stuff so should know.

Does that mean the end of Sport cats then, because the original equipment cat will be missing. :confused:

Honestly, I couldn't say.

I do think a sports CAT will be okay, de-cat's are a fail.

As Mike says, I think de-cats & sports cats are ok if it passes emissions, but if you get a pull from VOSA then it's a different matter. Also I think some insurance companies won't wear de-cats.

As Mike says, I think de-cats & sports cats are ok if it passes emissions, but if you get a pull from VOSA then it's a different matter. Also I think some insurance companies won't wear de-cats.

It's always been illegal to have a race manifold on the road if it won't pass emissions, most insurance companies that I've dealt with seem OK with them as long as you have an in date MOT.

I agree with you though, some will lose their bottle or start charging a fortune.

My sphincter always twitches driving past VOSA check points so nothing much will change there! :p

Back