• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Top mounts buggered, I now have three options, HELP/ ADVICE please

Any thoughts on what I should do though Nick? As thread seems to have deviated from my initially enquiry ;) lol

If your roads are shoddy why not source a set of low mileage OEM shocks and get some progressive springs?

Coilovers and shoddy roads do not go hand in hand sadly.

I had Spoon springs on my old EP3, and really liked them, no knocking/groaning, and worked well for what they are.

Dude, do you know what the official drop figure is on these (mm) - I get the feeling that they look like they're about 25mm all round - as they sit similarly to the Teins I have, at the front - but are definitely lower than how my Teins sit at the back.

The Teins only look that low at the back when I have my cricket gear in the boot :)

Stu: LOL at the pic hoarding; the good pics prove points; worth a thousand words, and all that.. :p

Edit: Sorry Karl - re: thread digressing.

Spring Rates/Drop rate
[Springs]
Stock EP3: Spring Rate: (248 Front/440 Rear)
Stock RSX: Spring Rate: (279 Front/458 Rear)
UKDM/ JDM Stock EP3 Type R (257 / 419.10) Progressive
02-04 ITR DC5 3.7k front, 7.4k rear (207.19lbs/in front & 414.38lbs rear)
05-06 ITR DC5 4.6k front, 8.5k rear (257.59lbs/in front & 475.98lbs rear)
Dropzone: Spring Rate: (? Front/? Rear) - Drop: (2in all around)

Eibach Pro-kit: Spring Rate: (15-20% more than stock) - Drop: (1in Front/1.1in rear)

Eibach Sportline: Spring Rate: (20-25% more than stock) - Drop: (1.4in Front/1.5in Rear)

H&R Sport: Spring Rate: (25-30% more than stock) - Drop: (2in all around)

Neupseed Race: Spring Rate: (200 Front/280 Rear) - Drop: (2in all around)

Neupseed Sport: Spring Rate: (200 Front/280 Rear) - Drop: (1.5in Front/1.5in Rear)

Progress: Spring Rate: (280 Front/500 Rear) - Drop: (1.8in Front/1.5in Rear)

Sprint: Spring Rate: (20-25% more than stock) - Drop: (2in all around)

Spoon Progressive: Spring Rate: (413 Front / 458 Rear) - Drop: (1.5-1.7in all around)

Tanabe df210: Spring Rate: (10-15% more than stock) Drop: (2in Front/2.3in Rear)

Tanabe nf210: Spring Rate: (10-15% more than stock) Drop: (1.5in all around)

Tanabe gf210: Spring Rate: (20-30% more than stock) Drop: (1.3in Front/1.5in Rear)

Tein H Tech: Spring Rate: (257 Front/476 Rear) Drop: (.8in Front/.7in Rear)

Tein S Tech: Spring Rate: (280 Front/515 Rear) Drop: (1.4in Front/1.3in Rear)

[Ground Controls]
Dropzone: Spring Rate: (? Front/? Rear)

Ground Control EP3 kit: Spring Rate: (375 Front/450 Rear)

Skunk2 Coilovers: Spring Rate: (440 Front/330 Rear)

[Full Coil-overs] Spring & Shock (fixed height)

Mugen: Spring Rate: (283 Front/439 Rear) Drop: (1.4in all around)

Honda Factory Performance: Spring Rate: (? Front/? Rear) Drop: (?in all around) - very similar to the mugen kit, awaiting specs

[Full Coil-overs] Spring & Shock (adj height)

Buddy Club Racing Spec: Spring Rate (559 Front/894 Rear) (Adj ?? min - ?? max)

JIC FLT-A2: Spring Rate: (504 Front/560 Rear) Drop: (Adj stock - 3.5in max)

KW V2: Spring Rate: (340 Front/515 Rear) Drop: (Adj 1.4in min - 2.6in max)

Progress C1: Spring Rate: (350 Front/640 Rear) Drop: (Adj 1in min - 4in max)

Tein Basic: Spring Rate: (336 Front/448 Rear) Drop: (Adj ?? min - ?? max

Tein Type Flex: Spring Rate: (448 Front/559 Rear) Drop: (Adj ?? min - ?? max)

V2 Coilover kit from KW: Spring Rate: (340 Front/500 Rear) Drop: (Adj 1.4 min - 2.6 max)

More Coilover Set Rates

Buddy Club n+:
Spring Rate: 10k Front/14k Rear

Buddy Club rsd:
Spring Rate: 10k Front/16k Rear

D2:
Spring Rate: 8.7k Front/8.0k Rear

Form and Function:
8k Front/6k Rear

KW Variant 2:
6.1k Front/9.2k Rear

Megan Street:
8k Front/10k Rear

Megan Track (DC5 specific):
12k Front/16k Rear

Progress:
6.3k Front/11.6k Rear

Skunk2 Pro S:
12k Front/8k Rear

Tanabe Pro S:
6k Front/8k Rear

Tanabe Pro Type 2:
8k Front/8k Rear

Tien Basic:
6k Front/8k Rear

Tien SS:
6k Front/8k Rear

Tien Flex:
12k Front/14k Rear

Tien Flex (DC5 Specific):
14k Front/16k Rear

[conversion rates]
1 kg/mm = 55.88 lb/in
1 N/mm = 5.588 lb/in

Are the top mounts not available from Honda separately?

They are, but was unsure as to whether I could replace the top mounts and keep the current set up. As wasn't sure if the top of the suspension would also have been damaged by the top mounts giving way...? Obviously just replacing the top mounts would be alot cheaper than heading down the coilover route.

They are, but was unsure as to whether I could replace the top mounts and keep the current set up. As wasn't sure if the top of the suspension would also have been damaged by the top mounts giving way...? Obviously just replacing the top mounts would be alot cheaper than heading down the coilover route.

I ran with buggered top mounts for way too long to be honest, I finally replaced them yesterday, and as you'd expect, made a heck of a difference. No issues to the suspension though. So I d expect you'd be fine. I replied in your poll.

Ah ok, well in that case, seeing as they're so cheap, I'll probably buy new top mounts and sell them on if the suspension top section turns out to be damaged along with my current mounts. As I do want coilovers, but with my recent expenditure I'd struggle to buy them, so this is a nicer interim solution.

I know you like your quality parts so

http://www.nitron.co.uk/nitron09/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_17_337

Expensive but worth it.

I have the NTR Sport+, but they are a pretty harsh ride on the road.

They're not too bad, same sort of price as the Tein monoflex's, so in due course I'm likely to give them some thought, cheers for that J :)

And Lottie, could you define "harsh", as I don't mind the ride being harder, I actually quite like it, but the roads by me aren't exactly bad in a crumbled sort of way, but they are pretty bumpy.

They're not too bad, same sort of price as the Tein monoflex's, so in due course I'm likely to give them some thought, cheers for that J :)

And Lottie, could you define "harsh", as I don't mind the ride being harder, I actually quite like it, but the roads by me aren't exactly bad in a crumbled sort of way, but they are pretty bumpy.

Hard to say really but even the raised tarmac around drains gives a tidy bump. More than happy to take you out in it anytime.

:D

Are you attending JAE at all? If so I'd quite like to take you up on that offer :)

Not too sure yet tbh, lots of other things going on so cant commit to anything yet.

Another option which hasnt been mentioned is the HSD's. A lot of people on HOT are using these with good results so far.

Well, the Zeta-R will go back to the £679 RRP in the near future if you feel the current offer price is too cheap. :D

Pedigree takes time to build and I do agree with you on that parts, MeisterR isn't Eibach, Nitron, or AST and it is not trying to be them.
MeisterR is design to be a complete and affordable suspension that you can use on the roads everyday, giving great adjustments, control, and compliant handling with an affordable price.

The price can be cheap because It is coming to you direct and not through a distributor and then a dealer, but the quality are much more than what the price suggest.

In terms of specification, it is very similar to Tein MonoFlex which is about 3x the price...
Mono-Tube Dampers are used to get the most out of the performance package.
All the bearing used in the coilovers are Japanease Made, and this give noise free and durable service life.

Of corse, unique design such as the straight steering arms add value to the package.
Especially since you need new top mount, the Zeta-R is actually very good value.
But of course, it is up to you to decide what you want for your car.

A few customers have written very favorable review for the Zeta-R coilovers after going to track days such as Nurburg Ring, and most are happy with its everyday ride quality with the damping adjustments provided to take advantage of the odd track days.
We have been putting MeisterR coilovers through some abuse this year by sticking them on high end competition car just to prove their quality once again. :)

DSC_2856%20copy.jpg

I say forget cheapy coilovers as it will only end in tears.

Also you said your roads are pretty crap where you live, so it makes sense to go for something like the Mugen suspension. Not coilovers, but still a massive improvement over lowering springs on standard shocks. R&D by Mugen and made by Showa..... can you get more reliable?

I say forget cheapy coilovers as it will only end in tears.

Also you said your roads are pretty crap where you live, so it makes sense to go for something like the Mugen suspension. Not coilovers, but still a massive improvement over lowering springs on standard shocks. R&D by Mugen and made by Showa..... can you get more reliable?

how much is the Mugen suspension?

Back