• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 TORQUE STEER,SCRUB ANGLE AND DUAL AXIS STRUT

Hi fellow members,I hope you are all good and well.
Last Wednesday I went to my Local Asda supermarket and on the way out I went over one of their super humps and must have gone over a bit faster than I normally do and when my fk2 type r came down off the hump there was a bang from the front of the car which seemed to come from the front left.I was concerned,so when I got home I had a look underneath on the drive ,but couldn't see anything.
Just to be sure I arranged a visit to my mechanics garage to have a proper look underneath the car. So we had the car raised and with a bright light had a really good look underneath the car and there wasn't a mark anywhere. The ramp also is able to raise the car on the jacking points so you can have a good look around the wheels and struts we looked at the left and all seemed ok with no oil from the strut visible.On my way home I did however press the +R button and instantly I could feel the suspension firm up with no noises from the front left of the car and went over bumps quite normal
When I got home I wondered if the noise I heard was the suspension hitting the bump stop?. As I said earlier there was no oil visible so no leak ,however looking online I noticed that the fk2 struts are gas filled, but I'm not sure if they are gas and oil filled together.as in some struts this is done to stop the oil frothing. Or they are totally gas filled? I'm pondering if the strut when hitting the bump stop could have any effect on the dual axis strut and the scrub angle? I've looked online but nothing refers to this.
So yesterday I took my fk2 gt for a good run and it went over potholes,humps and manhole covers quite normal.I drove the car quite rapid and on a road I know quite well drove it faster than I normally do and was accelerating hard out of a bend and thought I could feel a hint of torque steer ever so slight?I asked myself was it torque steer or due to the road being damp.
Do any fellow members ever get a hint of torque steer when accelerating hard on a bend?
Maybe it was because I've never driven so fast accelerating out of a bend?and then it gets you thinking has this anything to do with the bang I heard after coming down off the ramp in the supermarket?
Am I overthinking things and just linking the things together when they're totally not connected?
What are your thoughts? Regards Fred

Last edited:
I had something similar in my fk2 at B&Q and it realised it hit the bottom centre of the exhaust but there is a large bit of metal protecting the exhuast, minior scrape on it. No damage to the car. I now go 1mph over that bump

I had something similar in my fk2 at B&Q and it realised it hit the bottom centre of the exhaust but there is a large bit of metal protecting the exhuast, minior scrape on it. No damage to the car. I now go 1mph over that bump
Yes Honda have got all underneath covered where there's something with a possibility of it bottoming there's usually something protecting it.
Regards Fred.

Back