• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Trouble Pairing Keys

Hi all,

Putting a video in here of a fault I've had with my ep3.

In short, battery went dead almost 12 months ago, I jump started it at the time but the car had essentially 'forgotten' my key fobs. I was able to pair one fob again using the repairing mode with the ignition but not the other. However, a couple of months ago the same thing happened again (teaches me to leave the interior light on). This time, I can't seem to pair any keys with the normal routine.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you fix it? I understand I can replace the keyless entry unit but keen to find out if there's an easier solution if anyone knows of one. For context, the actuators themselves are definitely working as the car can still lock by manually putting the key in the lock.

Video here:

I had exactly the same issue, you will need a new keyless entry unit. I tried everything and in the end had to bite the bullet and source a unit.

Managed to get one second hand for £40 fitted and done the key procedure and it worked. If you have two fobs both will need to be in the car when you reprogramme.

Bit of a pain to change the centre console of the dash had to come out but once you could get at it, it was simply unplug one and plug in the other. I managed to get a second hand one off another facelift EP3 but not sure if you can use one from any age civic EP3 model.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Back