• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

The head of the bolt broke off when removing the top bracket of the old ABS sensor! :smt076

Had to drill it out and got new bolts as I may as well replace all 4 for the ABS brackets while I'm at it.

All copper greased and put back together, started the car and the ABS light was still on! Took it for a spin and while I was on the move I looked down and noticed that it had gone out :D/

I got a tatty old rocker cover so I could get it painted without having to take the car off the road as it's my daily.

Completely stripped back using NitroMors then wire brushed and sanded to remove the pitting from the exposed areas. Painted with VHT Anodized Base Coat, VHT Anodized Color Coat (Red) & VHT Engine Enamel (Gloss Clear).

Very pleased with the result and can't wait to get it fitted. My intention was to match it with the ITG Maxogen and it looks pretty close to me.

Thanks guys! Shouldn't be too long before it's fitted so will see how good it looks then.

The paint finish looks great, any sanding required between coats? Some good masking off skills there too!

Cheers, just used some painters tape and a scalpel to mask. I never sanded between coats, was happy with how even the coats were so didn't bother.

Got these ready for installation which will probably be the weekend.

The Spark Plug Seals probably don't need replacing as the ones that came with the rocker are in pretty good condition but while I have it all apart I may as well change them.

looks like a top job that, need to do mine as well. i was going to do the oem wrinkle finish but i do like yours.

Where did you get all the paint from?

looks like a top job that, need to do mine as well. i was going to do the oem wrinkle finish but i do like yours.

Where did you get all the paint from?

I think the OEM Wrinkle Red looks great, will have one for sale soon ;). Got the paint here, there's an Anodized Blue & Purple too if you fancy something different.

I couldn't put all that old stuff back on the fresh rocker so got a few bits to really set it off - Carbon Fiber Spark Plug Cover, Tegiwa Rocker Cover Washer Kit (Silver) & Stainless Steel Rocker Cover Nuts.

Checked all the valve clearances with the feeler gauge while the rocker cover was off; was all very good and only had to make a couple of very minor adjustments.

Called upon the Dremel once again! The Spark Plug Cover was sitting too high and I couldn't torque the nuts down properly without feeling like it was going to snap. I am very happy with how it turned out in the end but now the inlet manifold looks like it could do with some attention.

thats sexy as F**k now , looks really well with the cover and filter. yea manifold would look good with a little tidy up or painted

Haha cheers mate. Will probably paint it to be fair but I'm considering upgrading it too, looking at possibly a M2 70mm inlet manifold. I've seen xSythan has one and it's basically a S2 but for a cracking price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be able to get the hose to do the window rattle but we've stopped producing the engines so we don't stock it.

They sell it on eBay it's around £7 a meter , fuel spill pipe , hope that helps

Looking good mate. I'm chasing up those window rattle kits on CTRO.

Thanks Scottish, could really do with them with Summer not too far away!

I used to be able to get the hose to do the window rattle but we've stopped producing the engines so we don't stock it.

They sell it on eBay it's around £7 a meter , fuel spill pipe , hope that helps

Will get some of this if we have no luck getting the kit from CTRO, cheers Spike.

Back