• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Can't believe I've owned my EP3 for over a year already, time flies! Only a minor service needed as Brake Fluid, Engine Coolant & Transmission Fluid all replaced last year along with new Pads and Discs all round.

Valve clearances were done last week when installing the new rocker cover so left me very little to do this time round. I didn't bother ordering new Spark Plugs as the service schedule says that the Iridium's need replacing every 75,000 miles! Obviously I won't be leaving it that long but I haven't covered many miles at all since they were replaced last year so should be fine.

The light grey colour of the firing end indicates that it's operating at optimum temperature and that the engine is in good condition. I will be looking to replace the Fuel Filter and the Air Cleaner Element in the Maxogen in the near future.

I've been having trouble with one of the headlights not firing up first time so I got a new ballast.

The new ballast sorted it and now both headlights work perfectly. I've never been happy with how they look in the engine bay so decided to go one step further and relocate them to the wings.

It looks a lot tidier now and was a nice cheap fix too :D

Thanks. I just used some Velcro strips to hold them in place, worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been after a strut brace for a little while and finally took the plunge and went for a Ultra Racing Front Strut Brace, it looked a lot more rigid than any of the others I've seen.

I also wanted to be sure that it would clear the ITG so the positioning of it was ideal.

I know there may be better looking braces out there but I'm very happy with it.

Nice bay and i really like the strut! Might get one myself :)
Do you feel any difference now, with the strut on?

Nothing much to add at the moment apart from getting a couple of niggly little jobs out of the way. I used some sticky foam strip to try and reduce the vibration coming from the inlet manifold cover and it seems to have worked.

Also, the Carbon Effect Door Sills had lost their 'stickiness' which is probably due to the rain water that seems to collect there. Got some double sided adhesive tape and made sure I didn't scrimp!

I'll be gathering a few bargain parts as and when they pop up as I'd like to have a go at some bigger jobs such as exhaust, suspension etc. but will be doing it on a tight budget. Small updates / mods until then I think :tumble:

Nice.

To quote a guy selling his CTR on Gumtree. Go check out the thread on car ads on here. Funny as. He has his Cosmic down as a Cosmetic Grey CTR :D lol

Sorting through some of my stuff and found a footwell light LED kit that I bought last year and forgot I had. Checking back through my purchase history it turns out that it's RickHondaR's kit. Would have saved a couple quid if I'd known that you could get them through the forum, never mind!

So easy to install and love the fact that they fade the same as the other interior lights.

Cheers Krzys. Not quite finished yet but I'm happy with it so far.

Every time I washed the car then stood back admiring my work it felt like something was missing, then the penny dropped....Type R decals! :smt115

One was missing when I bought it and I decided to just remove the other to give it that clean look. After a year of ownership I have finally realised the error of my ways. How naive I was to even suggest they were tacky!

Everything now correct and present. I won't be driving it until I'm confident they aren't going to fly off in VTEC but looking forward to seeing what difference the +5 bhp makes :smt081

I've decided exactly what I want now so it's just a case of getting everything together then hopefully things should move quickly. Snapped up a cheap DC5 manifold & cat, had some surface rust and came with some free b-pipe as bolts were rusted on! Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of what it looked like when I received it.

Separated the cat from the b-pipe, sanded down and painted with VHT Flame Proof Primer (White) & VHT Flame Proof Paint (Flat Silver).

It did actually come with a heat shield on the manifold but that had cracked around the bolts so I binned it and got some exhaust wrap (black) to use as an alternative. The stainless steel ties that came with it were useless so I got some Jubilee clips which were much better.

Far from perfect but will do the job and keep some of the heat out of the engine bay. I'll be getting a stainless steel centre section with silencer once I have the money and then I should be ready to fit.

The plan is: DC5 Manifold & Cat > M2 Centre Section > OEM Back Box

Your Cosmetic Grey (lol) Sorry I mean Cosmic Grey is looking good with the black alloys. Nice wrapping. Best thing I did was get the Mugen Twinloop wrapped. Hardly any kettling now.

Car is coming along nicely. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean Cosmic haha. The alloy's were gloss black when I bought it, I like the black but thinking of a subtle change to satin. There's a fair bit of kerbing so they need a refurb which I may do myself....all in good time!

I'll be doing similar soon with the dc5 mani and cat. Do you know what gasket and donut seal is needed to join the mani and cat? I'm collecting all the bits now. It will have my supersprint b pipe and oem silencer fitted to be track friendly.

I've heard mixed thoughts on whether a jdm arb is needed to fit, haven't tried yet. Hopefully in the next month or 2 once my m2 inlet manifold arrives!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Back