• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Type R #14 - CW FK8 GT

Bloody hell Dotty, glad you’re getting sorted now.

I’d be massively put off getting another FK8 after all the trouble.
Surprised you’re not looking for a older FK2.

I personally wouldn’t buy a BMW but that’s my preference. My friend came around in her Mustang yesterday and I was impressed. A little too impressed.

Its dedication to stick with a problematic model knowing that you have had 2 failures with the previous car.

Hat's off to you mate and i hope you have better luck with what ever you get next.

Hopefully we will see a Type R #15 thread up very soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Read the guy on Facebook after you posted the link on there, it’s put me off one that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both my fk2’s were fine , no issues whatsoever.

I guess I just got unlucky with this particular car. I had the whole transmission replaced at 3k miles and the 4th gear began to lock out again after 600 odd miles.

They stripped the box and noticed 4th synchro was worn. I was within my rights to reject the car (second time it has faulted) so I pursued the rejection. It was a long process and actually Honda still have the car and next week I have some decisions to make.

I’ve heard from a friend who has had a gearbox repair carried out recently.

It has failed in spectacular fashion (4th gear)

So if there are no apparent problems you are generally fine but as soon as it starts to go off, it is a slippery slope to a box of broken bits?

I was at Dream over the weekend and Dan (crazy black/orange CRZ owner) was chatting to Phil about FK8 issues and mentioned your white car. I was like really, wtf, that’s not F’ing fair. Sad times.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens in life. I’ve been fortunate enough to have had many type R’s that have caused me no issues over the years.

It’s ironic that the newest and most expensive one would give me all the hassle it has.. I take comfort in the fact that I’m not alone with it.

I received a video yesterday from another owner that makes my eyes bleed watching it.
His car goes in to 4th gear fine since it was fixed , however when on and off the power in the same gear , it literally pops out of gear and in to neutral. I’ve got a feeling he may be pushing for a rejection also...

New one incoming ...

3855e1713e0d23fe4a0e096de45696a7.jpg

Like monkeys with typewriters producing the works of Shakespeare, eventually Dotty will find an FK8 with a gearbox that doesn't **** itself. :lol:

After such troubles why not look at an alternative brand? I mean every car has its issues at one point or another but still.

Maaaaad. I couldn't do it personally. I've ran a mile from every make/model of car I've had major issues with. I'll never own another BMW or Renault. Fair play for keeping the faith though, I really hope you don't get the same issues.

Back