• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

type r missing plug for sensor

hi there, only recently bought a 54 type r and somehow missed when i bought the car that there is a sensor unplugged and missing on the engine a stupid mistake i know! i looked on autodata and theer isnt a reference to it, the sensor is just to the left of the left hand side of the inlet manifol and about a inch down from the rocker cover in the head i thought this would be a cam sensor but vtec still works and no engine management light comes on< very confuding as there is no wire that i can see that would plug in and the previous owner has no clue about cars so cant shed any light please help

Photo0065.jpg

that is the missing plug

I think thats just the fault code plug. the garage would plug into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry didnt mean to pu two threads, i didnt think vtec works wen knock sensor aintplugged in that wat the forum said

just checkrd mine and there isnt one ? think your car might have had a engine change ?

it looks like a knock sensor, but it shouldn't be there if it is, i can't remember ever seeing a sensor there before, but i'll try and have a look tomorrow at work

it looks like a knock sensor, but it shouldn't be there if it is, i can't remember ever seeing a sensor there before, but i'll try and have a look tomorrow at work

yeah think it might off had an engine change from a different car ?
thats what i think

will it affect the performance because to me it doesnt feel like 200bhp but i have no warning lights and last night was slight bit quicker than a 02 redge type r im very confused

been looking through engine bay photos it appears to be the same engine as a dc5 is that a problem i should take up with previous owner or would you just not worry advice people!!!!

Back