• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ultrasonic Sensors?

Hi

Can anybody tell me where the ultrasonic alarm sensors are situated in a 05 reg EP3? I've locked myself in (via key fob) for around 5 minutes but the alarm wont go off at all which is worrying!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is above the rear seats on the roof lining sort of oval shaped. The sensor is crap though. doesn't seem to work at all well for anything in the front of the car.

That's absurd! Surely car thieves would break in from the front doors instead of the boot! If the sensors fail to pickup movements from the front (which it is in my case) then it is pretty much useless....

I locked my girlfriend in the car once, the alarm was going off the whole time. She's only 5'1 and was deliberately trying to keep still so it wouldn't go off. Sounds like your sensors aren't too clever.

Back