• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Vibration on steering at 90mph+

As the topic says i know the front tyres are ready for changing but the car is a 53 reg facelift and has 17,000 on it any ideas people???

I had this after Kwik Fit put new tyre's on my last car. They checked it and the balance was literally a few grams out, but it was enough to make it vibrate at high speed.

Wayhay first post :D

My old rover 220 turbo tomcat had 17" tsw and god knows how many tyre fitters tried to balance them - I think its just fitters not concentrating on where exactly to put the weight :wink:

Tip on inflation:
When I did my tyre pressures I misread the info and inflated my fronts to 36psi.
Handled awesome :p but the trade off was when Honda put a spanking set of Bridgestones on I needed to steer at a 45 degree angle to go straight. :shock:
They simply adjusted from the steering rack to put right. It then went back in as I was getting a vibration above 60mph - wheel balance was out.

Check the insides of the tyres for bulges as well, but yeah its likely to have lost a weight or two and needs rebalancing

Back