• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

vtec controller

Black R said:
Honda new what they was doing when they set the VTEC point Cat, leave it alone.

It's for an ongoing debate I'm having with 2 guys :wink:

Just looking for info Chris

You cant use a VTEC controller on the CTR, its only for cars with VTEC not iVTEC

Funky said:
You cant use a VTEC controller on the CTR, its only for cars with VTEC not iVTEC

Well that might shut them up going on about me getting a vtec controller then :lol:

Not quite true, you can use a VAFC2 but its not really worth using on the CTR's engine, won't gain a huge amount.

there are vtec controller out there in the market that works for the K20 engine i-vtec.

i have fitted about 5 of them on EP3 before and it works fine, but to have them setup probably u will need a dyno session imo.

it does work as a basic version of management system, but imo if u were to spend the money that way i would do it probably with something a bit more advance.

regards
Peter

Thanks for the replies ... not planning getting one tbh I just wanted some info

Alex Gosney said:
Cat said:
Thanks for the replies ... not planning getting one tbh I just wanted some info

Want want want!!!! :!: :!: :lol: (typical girl) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha! :lol: Sorry just used to getting what I want too :wink: :p :oops:

Aparrently they are able to change the cam change over point, but not the inlet angle (i think??) so although vtec point changes...it makes no physical difference to your car.

Best way to change vtec point is with a KPRO... then you can set your fuelling to match.

Back