• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

I had my washer jets replaced under warranty about a year ago, and I now find that the drivers side jet is on the point of failure again.
Has anybody else experienced problems?
Cheers
Dave

2017 FK8 Polished Metal

Kinda weird failure as there's not a lot to it, out of interest what failed? The jets can pop out if you need to clean them and the tubes run along the inside of the bonnet, also easy to check for leakes or brakes.

Yes, we have had this failure three times and another has failed recently. A ridiculous problem that they seem unable to fix for good.

MickR asks a good question, what is the actual failure (just interested as to what can go wrong with a washer jet).

I am just about to replace my fourth washer jet in four and a half years of ownership.
To answer the questions on failure. The power of the fluid diminishes to a point that won't even reach the screen.
Anybody else had problems?

I believe that the guy who works on my car has been down that route. He thinks it's a design fault.
For what it's worth I am going to contact Honda UK.

I had my washer jets replaced under warranty about a year ago, and I now find that the drivers side jet is on the point of failure again.
Has anybody else experienced problems?
Cheers
Dave

2017 FK8 Polished Metal
I just wonder if it has something to do with hard water?? as this can furr up the hole. I'm not sure but a few years back I read something whereby an additive to the washer reservoir stops hard water in the nozzle from furring it up.Regards Fred

I went to Brayley Honda to have the driver's size nozzle replaced. I was told that it is a common problem. The nozzle has a ball inside that gets stuck or something and no amount of poking with a pin will sort it. I couldn't remove it without possibly scraping the paint off. Anyway, while there the passenger side failed too. Luckily they had some more in stock. My car is serviced there so they did both for free in no time.

I am on at least my fourth replacement washer jet. I believe that the problem does lie with the ball within the jet.
The latest is lasting. I have adopted the policy of using the waters daily whether required or not as a last resort.
I used to clean the screen with Fast Glass regularly, so the jets weren't getting used as much.
Fingers crossed.
Dave

Hi , I'm not sure but is the fk8 washer jets the same as the fk2 /9th gen Civic. My wife had her civic in for service last week and her nozzles both had problems with the jets, which were greatly reduced. So I ordered 2 new ones from Cox Honda. So when my wife picked her car up. The mechanic said that he didn't need the new nozzles as the problem was that the pipes attached to the nozzles were full of sticky gunge, and it took some clearing but sorted. We were convinced it was the nozzles. Maybe that's the problem,? It's worth checking next time it happens to anyone .
Regards Fred

My FK8 went in for it's 3rd Service last week & the dealership phoned to tell me the jets were starting to fail & quoted £48.84 to replace them o_O

The car will be traded in before Christmas so I declined :p

My FK8 went in for it's 3rd Service last week & the dealership phoned to tell me the jets were starting to fail & quoted £48.84 to replace them o_O

The car will be traded in before Christmas so I declined :p
Traded for what? FL5 price supposed to be announced tomorrow.

Back