• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Water repellent spray

Is there a product you can buy that you can spray on your car after you've washed it to remove the water (without the use of chamois or blades)?

Cheers

Not that I know of. There is Dodo Juice Time To Dry spray but you will still need to wipe the water off.

^Joe may know of one.

backpack%20leaf%20blower%20pic%204.jpg

Serious - I use this to aid drying. Sometimes.

As Raj says I don't think you can get such a product. Are you finding it difficult to dry?

Drying aids do work well. I tend to use a wet wax such as Duragloss Aqua wax to help dry and add protection. Also ensure you have decent towe.

Cheers for the suggestions, the neighbours already think im weird when i wash my car in winter never mind using a leaf blower :lol:

Its for when i need to do a quick wash to get road salt off or road cr@p. It seems to take forever drying it off so it doesn't leave streaks.
I just wondered if there was a spray you could use, so i could walk away after a wash.

Some shampoos have a water repeling ingredient that beads the water off after washing.

Did you ever use the Flash Car Wash and Dry kit that you could get hold of - came out 3 or 4 years ago.
Gun sort of thing as a hose attachment and you fill with shampoo to get suds on the car, wash it, then use de-ionised water in a filter canister again attached to the hose.

Spray this on and it "dries" the water off the car. As well as you can without properly drying it with a towel anyway.

They first came out at £20 for the kit, I picked up two boxes from the local £-stretcher shop for £5 each.
You can get the refills for the drying aid and shampoo from these sort of shops too.

Back