• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Thanks for your thoughts guys!
I agree that German cars are not all that reliable but always proved easy to fix, unlike this EP3. My Mk1 and 2 16v Mk2 Golf GTI's served me well for over 20 years. Also had a Corrado VR6 and Mk3 GTI over that that time too. The EP3 was supposed to be a reliable "real" hot hatch, based on reviews and my experience with my Wifes Jazz'.
Lets see the quality of the wheel refurb and then see how a second warranty claim for a headlight goes? The lights are certainly not a quality item, haha!
Thanks again!

Thanks for your thoughts guys!
I agree that German cars are not all that reliable but always proved easy to fix, unlike this EP3. My Mk1 and 2 16v Mk2 Golf GTI's served me well for over 20 years. Also had a Corrado VR6 and Mk3 GTI over that that time too. The EP3 was supposed to be a reliable "real" hot hatch, based on reviews and my experience with my Wifes Jazz'.
Lets see the quality of the wheel refurb and then see how a second warranty claim for a headlight goes? The lights are certainly not a quality item, haha!
Thanks again!
Are they facelift headlights? They basically came green out the factory, something on them reacts funny and super quick.

Yes, facelift headlights.
The drivers side is fine, the passenger lights have both developed what look like paint runs on the inside of the outer lens/cover. There must be an underlying issue for me to have had 2 with the same problem?

Try and get some pictures up of the problem, and the area around. Maybe we'll be able to spot what's wrong. I use flickr and then embed.

I'll give that a try! The marks are on the inside of the lens and were not present, or not visible, when each light was fitted. As I say, the right side light from the same source and fitted at the same time does not have this issue.

48479957787_053a03c382_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, no, standard bulbs. Other than to test that the lights work, they have not been used on anything other than sidelights anyway. The right light, same source and fitted at the same time, does not have this problem.
On a positive note, the wheels have come back looking great in their original colour that they tell me is TWS Sport 1 Silver/00292.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good on you! I will do the same (only with RPB and yellowstuff), plus braided lines and fluid on saturday.

JDM rear antiroll bar, Meyle HD drop links and Polybushes fitted today. Not taken the car out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not happy with the fit of the Meyle HD rear drop links, the ends are not at the same angle to one another as standard parts, much more substantial though!

The JDM rear anti roll bar sounds like a good, straightforward upgrade. I'll be interested to hear your feelings on how it improves the drive.

Cheers

Steve

The JDM anti roll bar to me was a very pleasant surprise. The EDM EP3s have slight understeer as stock, the thicker ARB makes all of it disappear. I have not had the opportunity to try it on track, but on the street it improves the balance by a great deal. The car just becomes much more responsive, and a lot more fun to drive. I got the Hardrace droplinks with the ARB, good price, and perfect fit.

Meyle HD drop links were a perfect fit for me. Was it possible you tried putting the ones for the front on the back or the other way around? JDM antiroll bar makes the car feel a lot better, really impressed with it.

The front drop links are much shorter than the rears, so no. The rear drop links that I removed had ends that were at right angles to each other. The Meyle ones are in the 100 to 110 degrees to one another. I have since read that others have had the same issue, maybe there are some fake parts about?
I'll keep my eyes open for a JDM rear roll bar, both yourself and Vitka make it sound very worthwhile!

The meyle are all different part numbers for fl,fr,rl,rr. Jdm bar is worth doing, got superpro polybushes on mine too.

been so busy not even managed to drive my car after new rear arb coilovers and set up fitted ,I think the first day day will 4th sep at donnington see how much the rear arb works

Fitted front drop links and front anti roll bar polybushes to today. Now looking at buying a DC5 cat and a Fujitsubo Legalis R.

im 2 track days in and im very happy with the car ,I will leave it with full interior not intrested about chasing seconds ,much prefer my comfort and radio 2 .

I Fitted new Honda OEM front shock absorbers yesterday, as they were still original and just started misting, install went well, I’m booked in at motion Motorsport / Tegiwa next month to have alignment / fast Road set up settings checked and adjusted.

Back