• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

I loved Thruxton, even in my near standard ep3 the speed you could carry round was so much fun.

I want to go back soon, the way the corners link together is an amazing feeling when you get them right. When you get them wrong it feels like you've almost come to a standstill though!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Just booked in my car for this Saturday for the 3,000k variable service as the symbol came up, good job I went for the 5 year service plan!

That seems awfully low bud. I have had mine out on track 3 times since Jan and had a 7,500 mile service on the variable plan. Still showing 6.5k to the next one.

After 10 months finally saw another FK8(white one) on the road yesterday in Birmingham on Streetsbrook road, flashed my light and he waved back! :)

hope it was a JDM wave :lol:

Seems a few parting ways with theirs, few on the fence....its gonna remain as a rare sight on the roads for sure....and I kinda like that in a sea of Golf R's, Focus RS and even RS3's..... (although new orders of the latter are being cancelled due to this new emission's testing which Audi cant get them to pass)

Fixed my rear washer jet that hasn't worked for months and adjusted my front Jazz jets. Also fitted new Bosch Aerotwin blades on the front and a new Bosch rear blade.
After checking to make sure the lines were not blocked i ended up having to use my 12v tyre air compressor to force the gunk out of the rear nozzle. Worked a treat!

After emptying my shed last weekend i found some bit's that i have hoarded for my EP3 over the years so over the next week or so i am going to attempt to tackle some of them.
Parts found were -
A DC5 manifold/CAT, Exhaust Manifold Gasket and a JDM front ARB. (Waiting on a new O2 sensor before i tackle this).
Eibach Pro Springs, camber bolts and rear arms. 2 front Sachs struts and 2 new OEM strut top mounts.
Hondata intake gasket.
OEM Clutch and 2l of Honda gearbox oil.
Engine mount inserts.

Car is getting close to 110,000 so is need of some refreshing of parts.

First up will be some parts that i ordered this week. OEM fuel filter, front O2 lambda sensor, Hondabond, rocker cover gasket and NGK Iridium plugs.
Plugs are about 60,000 miles old so fairly close for a change. I will be doing the valve clearances so will do the plugs at the same time.
As i received my first EML this week showing bank 1 high voltage i will be replacing it when the sensor when it arrives. The EML has not come back on in the last few days but i am going to replace it for piece of mind. I will be looking at fitting the DC5 Mani/Cat and JDM front ARB when i do this as my standard cat's rear flange is starting to show some bad signs of rust.
I will probably do the rear engine mount insert when i have the manifold off as i tried to do it before but couldn't get the bolt out due to it hitting the standard manifold.
Hondata intake gasket looks to be a right pain in the arse to change but i will probably take the throttle body off and clean it out as well as the IACV so may tackle the gasket when i clean them.
Springs i am not sure on doing as the roads and speedbumps are outrageous up my neck of the woods. As they are the Prokit ones the drop is minimal (20mm front 15mm rear i think) so it may not make too much of a difference. The front struts and top mounts could do with a change so i will have to order some spring compressors. Might just fire them on and see how it goes. I will need a FRSU done on them with the arms and bolts if i change.
OEM clutch will be getting done at a garage as i don't fancy doing it on my drive. It is needing done as i am struggling to cleanly change gear at high rpm's and the pedal is getting close to the floor to find a bite. It's done close to 110,000 so it's had a long life.

Hopefully the weather is good next week so i can get stuck in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Ultimate street car today at santapod

Lots of ep3's, a good few Fk2's and maybe mine as the only 8, maybe....

seriously quick 10 second cars today, Torreto would have been happy...

I went to Manchester for a wedding this weekend.

Apart from the idiotic middle lane, outside lane hoggers and the lorries who sit a few feet off your bumper the FK8 is effortless on the motorway. Absolutely love the cruise control.

Got loads of thumbs up from people.

Eh? If you mean the lane assist then yes I did.

Scared the life out of me at first.

I was lost in a sea of boring BMW, Mercedes, Audi and VW's

Saw loads of Ford Focus RS, Golf R's and BMW M cars. One FN2. Not a single FK8 or FK2

Been getting a musky smell on start up so ordered myself a pollen filter and just changed it,
Every 2 years my arse Honda

I will be refitting my leaking M2 exhaust and attempting to get rid of bush creak on the rear control arms. Wish me luck.......

Fitted to the doors speaker fastrings and Dynamtted them too, gives a better sound but managed to cut every finger while doing so :-/.
Can’t beat a bit of blood, sweat and tears while working on a car lol..

Back