• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

How does modifying exhaust work with PCP? Do you have to revert it back to standard at end of deal?

Cheers

Technically you don't own the car so any modding could be an issue,
The YouTuber LivingLifeFast heavily modded his BMW 700bhp, got a letter one day from BMW asking for immediate full payment or the car will be repossessed,
But yours is only an exhaust and a Honda so should be fine

Technically you don't own the car so any modding could be an issue,
The YouTuber LivingLifeFast heavily modded his BMW 700bhp, got a letter one day from BMW asking for immediate full payment or the car will be repossessed,
But yours is only an exhaust and a Honda so should be fine

Yeah I remember watching that and to be honest laughing. Bloke was a tool, driving like a tw@t on public roads and had modded pretty much everything.

I rang Honda on it and said as long as returned to normal if giving back it's ok BUT it will affect your warranty

Hey Fan,

From what I’ve been told at my local Honda Dealership, is that there’s only a few little changes to the 2020 Type R, the fake grills are going on the bumpers. And a volume knob on the touch screen.

Have you heard of anything?

Get that remap done, and come join the darkside... mods,mods,mods... you know you want too

Only thing i am thinking of is the yellow one we have all seen testing, what's the story with that Honda, will that be a special run out edition or did they can it I wonder.

Ha yeah there are defo a few choice mods like to make, will be keeping a watch out for yours for any probs and reliability as it's been touch wood, 2 and a bit years of zero problems motoring so would like that to continue!

Are there any pictures of the carbon inlet? It sounds lovely

Hey Gallo,

Hope these pictures are of intrest to you

2001051933040105.jpeg

2001051934310104.jpeg

2001051935300091.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks lovely, I have 2 questions

1: Will this inlet improve performance, or is it purely for aesthetics?
2: Will it fit the FK2, like the other recently released inlet pipes for the FK8?

Should be smoother airflow and is it wider than the standard alloy one? Marginal gains I'd say...to be honest I am skeptical of intakes as there is evidence standard is the best set up. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaR2luCjEpo edit; mapped cars would get more out of it though of course

Sound is good though!!

Should be smoother airflow and is it wider than the standard alloy one? Marginal gains I'd say...to be honest I am skeptical of intakes as there is evidence standard is the best set up. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CaR2luCjEpo edit; mapped cars would get more out of it though of course

Sound is good though!!
The video you linked shows the Eventuri as the best intake at 348WHP compared to the 330WHP baseline?

From reading around regarding the technical aspects of the K20C1, I am curious as to what the effects will be of increasing the size of the intake pipe will have, given that flow is reduced on the K201C. It seems like it will be bottlenecked at 158cfm anyway due to the port design.

The intake port on the K20C1 is radically different than the outgoing K20A series, and, surprisingly, flows significantly less air. “You look at a K20 that’s 20 years old, flowing 300cfm, and this new technology flows 158cfm,” said Wilson. “The port pinches down really small and has a sharp ledge right before the valve seat that just kills flow. It’s there to tumble the air into the cylinder, which you see on any kind of modern DI (direct injection) motor.

When you knock the ledge out of the port, it doubles the flow of the head,” said Wilson. “We barely touch the port and all the sudden it’s a 300cfm head, without changing the valve size. The trick is turning that into horsepower. With direct injection, you need that tumble in the air to get a good fuel burn and the fuel timing is so critical.

The video you linked shows the Eventuri as the best intake at 348WHP compared to the 330WHP baseline?

From reading around regarding the technical aspects of the K20C1, I am curious as to what the effects will be of increasing the size of the intake pipe will have, given that flow is reduced on the K201C. It seems like it will be bottlenecked at 158cfm anyway due to the port design.

Yeah I am full of sh1t ha, I watched one where the stock intake was best on a standard car... but can't find it now.

Good question on the bottle neck though...

Edit here it is, but no eventuri https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JLNuPd6Vc

Today I Ordered HKS solid boost pipes, ready to go along with the Owen Developments Hybrid Turbo, which I will be having fitted Mid February, along with my Hondata map being tweeked to suit.

This will most likely be the end of my engine mods, I will post the final power results, I’m hoping for somewhere around the high 300s

Trying to decide between Hybrid Racing or Acuity Short Shifter assembly.. any feedback on these products?

Does anybody know of red bulbs for the interior lights?

Lastly, the spec of the 2020 Type R is quite nice, and wondering about changing the bumper grills to the facelift style... any thoughts?

Jeez, I doth my cap sir, we are worried about remaps and your marching on!!

Not bulbs but I have the red interior footwell strip lights from a member on here that are great, easy to fit

No view on the shifter except I wonder why people bother as the gear shift is immense as it is for me

I don't like the new vents, especialy on the front. we will be easily identifiable as the 'original' and best amoungst the 1000's on the road....oh wait

Hey Fan,

Well the Hondata mapping I have on the car at the moment has been really good, no problems at all, with regular updates for the software manager and the flashpro itself .... what I like is you can save maps, datalog, and flash back to stock anytime if you want, also if needed you can jailbreak your ECU from home quickly, then flash a map.... away you go.

https://youtu.be/65y6ndM95lg

I already have the Honda footwell and door handle lights, illuminated doorsills all fitted when I ordered the car, I’d just like lights up near the mirror in red aswell.

I get what you mean about the shifter, It is good as stock, maybe I’m getting carried away.

You can get a red led interior pack off eBay for 8 quid. 1 dome light. 2 map lights. 2 vanity lights and a boot light..picks the red out in the seats nice when you open the door. I kept my map lights white for seeing stuff with when required

You can get a red led interior pack off eBay for 8 quid. 1 dome light. 2 map lights. 2 vanity lights and a boot light..picks the red out in the seats nice when you open the door. I kept my map lights white for seeing stuff with when required

Do you have a link?

Today,

Sharp intake of breath as I paid for my Owen Developments Hybrid Turbo, Dream Automotive Spec... Acuity shifter assembly, and Acuity upgraded shifter cable bushings.

Fitment in 3 weeks' time... then soon after the final live Hondata remap..

This will conclude my mods.

Back