• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

When you say maintenance ceramic coat what do you mean sir?

The one I use is called a 'regen' spray which tops up the ceramic coat. I think that is the best way to explain it...
Apply to damp panels one at a time and wipe until dry and a buff with a microfibre cloth. Sooo much easier than wax or polish.

The one I use is called a 'regen' spray which tops up the ceramic coat. I think that is the best way to explain it...
Apply to damp panels one at a time and wipe until dry and a buff with a microfibre cloth. Sooo much easier than wax or polish.

Ah ok cool thought you meant get the actual ceramic coating out again!

Lots of companies now doing a range of 'ceramic' sprays which while clearly not as good as the real thing, offer better protection for us non ceramic cars...well, easier to apply anyway

Annoying isn’t it. And those little deposits don’t want to shift without a mitt! Hoping to ceramic coat in the summer in the hope that makes the washing process easier

Yes indeed. Controversial I know, but I just whack out the Meguiars waterless wash and wax for the light dust in between washes. I know it can scratch, but CW hides it well and I am just a terrible owner...

Jeez, you guy’s have forced me into doing this! :)
2 buckets wash, dry, tar X, wash, dry, IronX, wash dry, dinner.
Sonax ex 04-05, orange hex pad one pass DA, Tea.
Poor boys Black hole glaze DA black hex pad, Poor boys natty’s paste wax by hand, Bath.
Awesome results but found a nasty scuff on one of my wheels.

Yeah I don’t usually buy into the colour thing with wax and glaze but I do like working with these products

Quick question as we all seem to have time to clean our cars
I use collinite 845 wax. Really like the stuff. Makes the paint feel silky smooth and beads up nicely
I've been looking at shine armour fortify quick coat as it repels water really well. Is this something that would benefit my paint for shine and durability applied on top of collinite? Or would there be no noticable difference. Anyone used them together or used the shine armour on its own

I use collinite 845 wax. Really like the stuff. Makes the paint feel silky smooth and beads up nicely
I've been looking at shine armour fortify quick coat as it repels water really well. Is this something that would benefit my paint for shine and durability applied on top of collinite? Or would there be no noticable difference. Anyone used them together or used the shine armour on its own

I’ve found that nothing works on CW. :p

I bought one of these about three years ago
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/das-6-v2-dual-action-polisher
Clean your car are a great company, very friendly staff great help over the phone never try to sell you anything you don’t need.
The paint on our cars is very soft so the trick is to get the right pads for the DA I won’t go more than medium cut that’s orange then a white which is lighter and black for waxes and sealants.
If I had the money or I was using a DA more often I would buy a Rupes but for once a year it’s just not worth spending big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you that is really helpful, used to really enjoy cleaning my car but kids, work all got in the way and would like to do a bit more.

Just bought Auto finesse Citrus pre clean, jet wash and snow lance with valet pro snow foam then go from there. My paint isn't factory finish for sure!

Citrus pre-wash is epic stuff, tend not to need a snow foam after that so skip that stage if pushed for time. Only problem is its a relatively small bottle and not that cheap, so I moved onto this on recommendation off someone on here:

227m4n4.jpg

£16, dilute it as you see fit, whack it in a pump spayer, fabrique belgique

Not heard of this product before, but is it more of a sealant so wouldn't bond to wax layer so good?

Ceramic coated my wheels calipers and wheel nuts with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels, following a thorough decontamination of citrus degreaser and ironX (along with all the washes and drying in between).

The sun was so bright the pictures aren’t great but you get the idea:

good job david, wish id have done that from the off, my wheels are looking leggy...

Today, I added the following sticker which has been in my draw for months if not years, but the boredom finally got the better of me. This is standard on Canadian cars, but not European ones i believe. Why? Who knows.

I am not sure on it, will give it some time. Please let me know what you think in the comments below, and remember if you have not done already, please click subscribe and turn your notifications on....whoops, sorry, been watching far too many youtube videos lately...

PnrmDjK.jpg

6ZyZLcv.jpg

Thought I had a flat on my 19"s, so went to garage to put air in. Correct pressure, was like "eh", realised drive on a slight slant and uneven. What a d#@kh#@d, still looks like I have a flat. No excuse...have just moved in ***.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back