• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

I'm thinking of selling my car as I just don't get to use it. It's been in heated, dry storage for nearly 5 years and I've only managed 500 miles in it. Zero rust, excellent condition. It's wheels have been refurbished, it's got new tyres, brake discs and pads all round. A new battery and stainless Tegiwa exhaust. It's even got the original JDM Car Mats in near perfect condition. Aircon blows ice cold and it's got no check lights. Fires up on the button and pulls smoothly all the way to 8,800rpm. The only demerit is that the extendable, under thigh bolster on the drivers side Recaro seat has become slightly misshapen due to the front clip breaking underneath the bolster, but I'm guessing a trimmer can fix this. Going to get it serviced before sale (everything including belts, plugs, oils, coolant, all filters, brake fluid etc) then buffed / detailed.

I paid £12K for it in April 2016 - but what's it worth now? Looking at options of selling it back to the dealer I bought it from or the "Collecting Cars" Online Auction.

You don't name the dealer but Torque GT/ BHP Imports/ JM Imports may be a good place to start. Collecting Cars can be a bit of a faff from what I have seen elsewhere and it's certainly not the first place most people will look or have even heard of. PH/ Ebay probably a better bet although you will have to deal with dreamers,

I am also thinking of selling my JDM EP3. Its not quite the low mileage example like yours (mine is on 87k), but in a conversation with Torque GT recently, to import a similar condition car would cost a customer close to 10k today. Probably a combination of rarity and the world having gone mad! So yours should fetch a good chunk more than what you paid. Although thats all in theory, depending on if the right person is out there to make the investment.

I am also thinking of selling my JDM EP3. Its not quite the low mileage example like yours (mine is on 87k), but in a conversation with Torque GT recently, to import a similar condition car would cost a customer close to 10k today. Probably a combination of rarity and the world having gone mad! So yours should fetch a good chunk more than what you paid. Although thats all in theory, depending on if the right person is out there to make the investment.

Very useful info - thanks!

Back