• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What's my Ep3 worth?

Hi all,

I'm in the process of unfortunately selling my Facelift EP3 (moving to London and can't really afford to keep a car for now) :(

Before I stick it on Ebay/Autotrader, I wanted to ask you all what you think a fair price should be. Relevant details as follows:

-> 1 previous owner other than me. Mileage about 113,500. I got it at roughly 30,000.
-> Service history is a little bit of a mess (the dreaded full folder) but it's pretty much all there. Serviced yearly and all the major services except the 100,000 mile service (timing chain has not been replaced).
-> MOT for more than 6 months.
-> Exterior, car is in good nick, the Type R badges back and front have some chipped paint and there's a small scratch on the front bumper.
-> Interior, car is good, some marks to the black plastic here and there but mostly fine.
-> Mechanically, car feels good and vtec engages/pulls as it should.

Car has recently had:
-> New tires all round.
-> New gearbox and clutch (2019)
-> New rear brake callipers and disks (2020 one side, 2021 other) after they seized
-> £200 of patch welding to reinforce part of the suspension mounting underneath which was looking corroded.

Bits I'd anticipate being needed done soon:
-> Rear coils have some corrosion, all fine for now but I imagine they'd want replacing within 5 years.
-> Timing chain needs checking, no sign of any issue so far but obviously aware of it's age.

So, any thoughts? We buyanycar.com seem to expect roughly £3,760 but I'd expect to see some knocked off for the less ideal service history and lack of replaced timing chain. If I were to sell privately what's a fair price in your view ? Prices seem to be the wild west at the moment with a massive spread, so appreciate any advice.

Cheers

Back