• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which Amp

Guys and girls

Can someone give me an idea which amp i need to run this sub?

Any on here? http://stores.ebay.co.uk/caraudiosa...d=135460682&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=2&_sc=1

Thanks

1fc06aee.jpg

basicly mark you need an amp rated 350w rms mono to power the sub adiqatelybut ifyou get something with a little more power then that will be fine so long as you dont wind it right up, never bother looking at max power ratings as they mean squat, rms is where its at, the sub you have is a good quality one and should sound nice, try spend a little bit more on a quality amp rather than a cheaper branded one and you will get better power delivery and set up from a mono amp rather than a 2chl briged, just see what you can see for your budget

Cool as ive ordered it. :lol:

Just got to figure out how to wire it up now, shouldn't be too hard. Its getting to the battery im more concerned about

Hi mate, get second hand amp, loads going around here with more power than that.

Going 50-70 quid mark.

Has 1500 watts, and one more thing get power capacitor so your alternator could supply the car needs but if your only running a little sound then straight to the battery is fine. :D

Once you've run the wires it's dead easy. Blue wire goes to remote port, red wire goes to power port, black wire goes to earth port. Speaker cables from head unit to amp, then from amp to sub. Job done.

Getting the power cable through the bulkhead and then hiding all the cables is the worst part. Just make sure that the earth is connected properly (ie in direct contact with metal - scratch a bit of paint off if necessary).

Cheers lads

The amp will only be running the sub as the speakers are loud enough as it is :lol:
I have a wire pack from an ICE place so it has instructions in that, my main worry is the bulkhead. Im just hoping there is an easy place to pass the wires through.

Mark, regarding your speakers. Amps aren't just for loudness, they offer much better quality sound versus most headunits built in amps.

Yarly. Depends if you're an audiophile if you'd notice it or not.

Back