• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which dual action polisher to go for?

As the title says, im looking for a good dual action machine polisher as i hear these are good for people who are new to machine polishing like myself and im eager to remove the swirls on my wifes car.
Had my eye on the megs g220 but after reading a few bad reviews on the reliability im not too sure if to go for one of those so im a bit stuck on which to get. Anything under £180 preferably too!

I've not read any bad reviews about it either which is a bonus. CYC are good guys too so are always helpful should there be any issues.

Just to also add, the Auto Finesse products are very good also :lol:

Worth noting that Honda paint is notorious for being very soft, so do a test panel first and try not to choose the harshest cut initially.

I purchased the DA Polisher mentioned above, it's good quality and I got used to it quickly, you can use a variety of pads too, I used the Meguiars pads. Can't fault it although I've only used it once so far so too early to comment on reliability but no parts fell off or anything.

I have been using the exact same one for about 3 years now (and I swapped the cable for a longer one which is a very easy swap) and get very good results using sonus pads and a mix or sonus and Dodo juice products.

I've just seen a new version of the DAS-6 so I'm going to order that this weekend, I think with the lake country kit or the auto finesse kit

I going to get some poor boys black hole and something to help restore my headlight casing as well

Oh really, how do you find working with and cleaning the pads? I was thinking about buying the hex pads instead.

TBHmate its my first polisher, I haven't used any other pads so can't compare. I was really please with the results found it easy to use. I bought the sonus pads as there 4 different grades so thought it would give a better finish (tbh I know bugger all about polishing!). Just saying DA polisher is well worth it.

Yeah this will be fine and apparently is a very good machine, however, it is powerful (more powerful than my DA polisher) so I would be cautious when using it, especially if you haven't used it on your car before or if you are not used to machine polishing.

If you use it watch the speed setting, be cautious of how much pressure you apply and keep it moving you won't want 'burn' marks.

We have three on the go almost constantly at work and they are very reliable, but having no experience I will be trying to read up and get some advice from the guys that use them here although it is for a different application.

So start slow and light but keep moving, I will probably have to buy some different heads as we only have those massive lambs wool mops here

Back