• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which exhaust for sound and performance

Hi everyone I'm thinking of buying an exhaust system for my ep3 ctr 55 reg but want to know which would be best for gains and also sound. But I don't want the sound to be too loud when driving normal but when the foot goes down then want to hear something amazing. I don't have a budget and would definetly consider something reasonable. And is it better to get the cat removed or just get an aftermarket pipe straight through. I have a gruppe m fitted and no other mods. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
i have the dc sports race header and cat-back and love it, gives a deep tone at low revs and when in vtec screams

The RM01A seems to be the most loved here! Anyone got any ideas on what kind of power gains it gives? Does the ECU need remapping for the 'zorst? And is there a twin pipe option? I'm not big on the single tailpipe look.

The RM01A seems to be the most loved here! Anyone got any ideas on what kind of power gains it gives? Does the ECU need remapping for the 'zorst? And is there a twin pipe option? I'm not big on the single tailpipe look.

your going to get minimal gains from an exhaust period.

Back