• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which Header??? DC5

I've got a second hand Spoon 2-1 to fit to when I have the KPRO mapped but I'm thinking of going the full hog.

So, do I keep the Spoon 2-1 andsave myself a few quid or go to a full mani?

I'm looking at these 2 from Unit 8 at the mo.

Header-Promo-small.jpg

Unit8 said:
Buddyclub Race Spec Header DC5
Hugely anticipated race header from Buddyclub.

Developed jointly with Mugen Japan and features full race spec construction including double walled slip joints and retainer springs.

100& stainless steel CNC TIG welded and very light.

Notes:
This header removes the factory catalytic converter.
O2 Simulator Needed

Price: £629.00

OR

421-header-small.jpg

Unit8 said:
DC Sports 4-2-1 Race Header DC5 Brushed Stainless
DC SPORTS (4-into-2-into-1) manifolds are mandrel bent during construction and assembly assuring you the most efficient 4-2-1 design on the market today. 4-2-1 headers feature a one-piece design and CNC machined mounting flanges for a precise fit and seal. Includes all hardware and instructions for installation and a 2 year manufacturer warranty.

DC Sports Stainless Steel Manifold - The stainless steel manifold has all the same design features as the mild steel ceramic coated manifold except for the use of brushed T-304 stainless steel. DC Sports stainless steel manifold is designed to stand up to the harshest conditions you can subject it to and provide you with the most power from any street legal header on the market.

Price: £399.99

I went for the DC. Good gains, sounds great, looks gorgeous (too good to be hidden).

Can't see the point in shelling out the extra 330 for something that's a bit of an unknown quantity atm.

I went for the DC. Good gains, sounds great, looks gorgeous (too good to be hidden).

Can't see the point in shelling out the extra 330 for something that's a bit of an unknown quantity atm.

The BC makes a shed load more torque then the Toda.

Either way i would go for one with a flexi section unless you have ESEM's and an ETD. Dont wana go cracking it now do you. ha ha. I havnt seen a better bit of kit than the Toda IMO.

Lee im getting a BC header on saturday mate so ill let you know how i get on with it!

i had the BC bloke at TDI said its the first 1 he'd seen that had given the gains he expected i thought it rocked the cock

I will eventually get a DC race header, Its nearly half the price of the toda one, It looks the business too:cool:

There was a guy on the DC5 forum, webbie, did this comoparison

KPro ,Gruppe M, Toda mani,Toda cat back - 239.3 hp / 156.6 lbft .

KPro, Gruppe M, Buddy Club Header, Buddy Club Spec 3 - 247.4 hp / 199.0 lbft

Both on Sytem Rs Dyno and Mapping

Make of that what u will!!

There was a guy on the DC5 forum, webbie, did this comoparison

KPro ,Gruppe M, Toda mani,Toda cat back - 239.3 hp / 156.6 lbft .

KPro, Gruppe M, Buddy Club Header, Buddy Club Spec 3 - 247.4 hp / 199.0 lbft

Both on Sytem Rs Dyno and Mapping

Make of that what u will!!

A bit of investigation and it appears something might have changed on the TDi Dyno. The original toda results remind me of the kind of thing lots of people go about a year or 18 months ago. Then, all of a sudden every man and his dog is getting 175-180lbft with moderate spoon manifolds and mugen induction kits etc. I noticed one guy said his car making 239bhp was saying it was 195wbhp ? ?? By that maths with my car on a Toda mani/cat back it was making 254bhp....and 265bhp when my N2's were in??

I'd strongly suggest that the dyno calibiration has being altered between the two runs, as one (the BC run) looks like a recent one and the Toda one looks like it may have taken place a good while ago.

There was numerous threads about the Toda/BC header in the US, and I believe a lot of folk found the BC header to be a bit of a disappointment.

Either way there is no way in hell that the BC header is good for nearly 55lbft of torque over the Toda one. No damn header would make that amount of difference unless it had a turbo integrated into it! :lol:

To back the above up, it appears that a 2.2 Toda stroked K20 with N2 cams made 182lbft on the same dyno previously.

It just looks to me like the two sets of results can't be compared.

Back