• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Which tyres for my Evo

If you had a choice of

Dunlop sport max
Yokohama advan
Toyo t1 sport
Uniroyal

Which would you go for

Sam has Advan on her Evo and they are good but I've been told the Toyo's are better?

I've got Falken on the rear of my Evo and they've got to go, drifting around a roundabout is all well and good until you're not expecting it :lol:

The advan ad08's are great on my civic, not sure how they'd cope with the increased torque and bhp of an evo

Advan's are great - here.

Evo X

[video=youtube;-QawxMjQZ58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QawxMjQZ58[/video]

Cheers Nick

Are they just as good in the wet?

I've got no experience personally in the wet dude, but from people who I know running them on pretty big power applications haven't complained. They won't like heavy standing water but on normal wet/damp roads I can't see them being a problem. It's just a case of common sense in the end when it's wet and how it feels to you at the time.

If I had your car, they are the tyres I would be running 100%.

For two or 4??

I ran them on my JRSC DC5.
Now on Dottys car, which Nick drove at Spa too.

Fantastic tyres.

As for wet/dry comparison, you can't have it all dude.

They aren't as bad as some I've used but rather good really.

For two or 4??

I ran them on my JRSC DC5.
Now on Dottys car, which Nick drove at Spa too.

Fantastic tyres.

As for wet/dry comparison, you can't have it all dude.

They aren't as bad as some I've used but rather good really.

For two. £154 fitted but Sam's got another tyre place to ring tomorrow who usually beat all prices.

They seem fine on Sam's 8 but I've not really give it beans in the wet. Only problem is that I have new Dunaplops on the front, it would be nice to get hem all round but it'll have to wait.

They are certainly not as good in the wet, but what tyre is? on my recent ring visit I went out in the morning and it was honking it down, I only went out as I was concerned I would miss out (thankfully it brightened up later) any way, in April we had a wet/cold lap and my car felt twitchy and did not inspire any confidence at all, and the same on the recent trip, it was producing horrendous understeer. It will be a different ball game with the Evo as it is AWD of course, but certainly in the DC5 I don't feel happy in the wet when giving it some heavy right foot action. In 'normal' driving they are fine in the wet.

They are classed as a 'Summer tyre' and border line semi slick tyres though so it is not surprising :)

I don't think they will be any worse than the Falken. They were ok on the Teg but you can't push them in the Evo, they run out of grip quicker than the fuel tank empties :lol:

Back