• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Whine

Getting a slight whine from the car when I use accelerator thought it might be the transmission but wouldn't that be a constant whine and not just when I accelerate ?

I know the whine you are talking about - don't worry, it's normal.

In fact I quite like it on mine. You can hear it most in third and fourth between 3 to 5 K RPM when accelerating reasonably briskly....

Yea just taken her to the Honda Garage. It happens at about 40 mph when you are in 4th and are accelerating slowly. Which for me is most of the time as I do the daily commute into London. The mechanic had never noticed one doing it before. So he took me out in a new premiere (very nice seats) and the same noise came from it at exactly the same speeds although not as loud. We came to the conclusion that it's inheriant in all CTR's and although mines louder it would probably cause more problems if they tried to fix it.

Thanks for the reply Superbully

Damian

No problems Damian - I like that noise alot anyway and in mine does it under reasonable accelaration too....
My civic coupe (1995 model) did it as well but not as loud as the typeR, maybe it's Honda gearboxes....

Back