• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Why are there so few car sales on here?

I've a pre-facelift EP3. When I bought it, it was with the idea of making my way through the different CTR variants, and I've just started thinking about moving, either to a facelift or more likely an FN2, this year or next. There seem quite a lot of ads on there and autotrader, but not so many on here, and I wonder why. I kind of think this is where the real enthusiasts hang out and we can't be parted from our cars!?

The audience on the likes of PistonHeads and AutoTrader massively trounces the amount of views you’ll get on forums. Plus Facebook has pretty much all but killed enthusiast forums. So traffic numbers are very low in comparison. You may find the odd gem on here though where a member wants to sell to another enthusiast and is prepared to wait for the correct buyer.

The audience on the likes of PistonHeads and AutoTrader massively trounces the amount of views you’ll get on forums. Plus Facebook has pretty much all but killed enthusiast forums. So traffic numbers are very low in comparison. You may find the odd gem on here though where a member wants to sell to another enthusiast and is prepared to wait for the correct buyer.

Thanks Chris, I had no idea, particularly about facebook. I will start looking for possible gems then! :)

Back