• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

XenForo issues and tracker thread

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Hi all, please report all issues with the new forum software here and I will add them to this post and update as and when I can.

Current issues:
  • Old links to threads in the 'Type R' sub section are currently broken, looking into a way or resolving this
  • Automatic enrolment to the classified area needs testing
  • We may look at other ways of reducing the size of the forum index. This should give the forum a cleaner look
  • One more for me but user group permissions need looking at
  • Difficult to differentiate between stickies and normal threads
  • Browsing on a mobile needs improvement
  • Some homepage links are broken
Unresolvable issues:
  • All 'Thanks' from the previous forum have been lost. It has been replaced with a 'like' button
  • The CR-Z and Mugen section has met an unfortunate end
  • Some custom user titles may be lost
Fixed issues:
  • Tapatalk plugin not yet installed/activated
  • Private Lounge group enrolment has changed, I need to update the Announcement
  • Some minor template/UI colour changes required
  • Thread prefixes in 'The Red H' need fixing
  • Some forum generated emails may not be getting delivered
  • The search system seems to have some issues

Last edited:
Hi Chris,

good to see us back, I was missing my daily TRO forum fix......might be me being daft and still getting used to the new layout etc. but have we lost the sub-forums categories under "The Red H" i.e. no separate sections for FK8 / FK2 / EP3 etc, etc.

Cheers, Al

Hi Al, as they were quiet and not easy for some to navigate, I've put all threads in the same forum now and there's a prefix to choose from.

that makes sense, thanks. I knew I'd be missing something daft, just found the filter function and balance is restored :)

Still find it a little difficult to search old threads and hate to be the person who starts a thread with stuff that's been discussed before, there used to be a topic which I find by searching 'FN2 NA power' but cannot find now.

Also use to be able to find it via search engines, but can't with that either.

I just looked for the titles from the link URL's and did a search for them :)

Smart. And noted for future.

I meant in external search engines, google et al.

I found quite a few threads on here via search engines initially, that's why I signed up. But results don't show now, I assume google un-lists things if the links aren't live. The format of the thread links is slightly different. But hopefully they're re-indexed over time.

Thanks for responses.

I’ll have a look at that indexing the forum itself once I’m logged in on a laptop.

I've done what I can in the Admin CP, I guess the rest is for Google to sort out however often they index sites.

Last edited:
I'm moving the site on Friday, post move the issue with dead links should hopefully be fixed.

Redirects should now be fixed. Sorry for not picking this up properly when first reported!

Still looking to move the site on Friday as well as update the board software, and the tapatalk plugin.

Site has now moved, forum generated emails are currently broken, I'm looking into it.

Back