• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Your tyre reviews

I had a set of falken ziex 914s fitted the other week before my mot, bought them from black circles for £244 which is cheaper than the T1Rs I had on and they are a great deal better especially in the wet!

Just got Falken 453s all round and it has transformed my car! (did have budgets before) It sticks through corners! If I'm in first TC off and hoon it, wheelspins in first then second just bolts! unlike my budgets which just wheel span in THIRD!

Alright Guys what do you think of these two tyres or have any off you Run them? Standard size 205/45/17..

Michelin Pilot Sport 3
or
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2

Had the tyres swapped over to my new wheels and they put the 452s up front instead of back on the rear, Jesus! I forgot how awful they are compared to the 453s. I wheel spin out of junctions even with light throttle, not looking forward to the rain, they was sketchy as fook!

Copied over from the other thread, hadn't seen this one.

Just had my Toyo T1Rs refitted to the civic after approximately 1500 miles & two track days with the AD08Rs fitted.
Thought i'd post up how i've found both, hopefully will be of some use to someone in the future.

T1Rs - Good mid price range road tyre, plenty of grip on road but abit out of its depth on track. Really good wet weather grip & softer side walls make them much more compliant on road. In fact, the drive home from the tyre fitters felt like i had had softer springs fitted when compared to the drive there an hour earlier with the AD08Rs fitted.

AD08Rs - Good on road with loads of grip although much stiffer sidewall makes the ride harsher & the car feel a little skittish. You get used to it though & the extra grip more than makes up for it. They surprised me by being fine in heavy rain, it was torrential on my way to Donington last week & i had no issues in standing water at motorway speeds. Excellent on track, i completed track days at two tracks with these fitted, both which i had already completed earlier in the year with the Toyos fitted. The difference in grip throughout & traction out of corners was massive, i'll definately be fitting them to my next car, in fact i've only removed them because i'll be changing cars in the new year & these will be wasted over winter on the road.
Only negative really is the price, they cost approximately £150 each & fitting :eek:

I decided this year to try something else. Have always fitted the Honda recommended Bridgestone RE040. I opted for the Yokohama Blue Earth-A AE50. They are quieter than the Bridgestone and hold the road well. Time will tell if they last as long. Paid £88 each for them.

as above I've just bought 4 Yokohama Blue earths so will see how they go , used the spec 2s before and never had an issue with them.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3's: 205 45 17

I have fitted 4 of these on my CTR. Not too noisy and great grip in the wet or dry weather.
Cost me £120 per Tyre.

Car had Avons on it when I bought it. Can't remember the model number.

I ran Goodyear Eagle F1s all the time on my Subaru. Best tyre I could find in wet and dry. Would these work ok on a FK2? I saw somebody mention they had a soft sidewall on the Civic - not something I had experienced before !

I've not seen any reviews of the F1 Asymmetric 3. I always found the 2s fine, but I guess time will tell with the 3s.

Evo mag has tested 9 makes of 225/40R18 92Y tyres in Sept 2017 issue, on a Mk 7.5 Golf GTi, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 came out tops. Toyo Proxes Sport last.

I've got the PS4's on my EP3 in 225/45/17. I wished they were available in a 225/40 to be honest, feeling the flex in the extra sidewall I've got when I changed from the 215/45, otherwise they're good.

The car I bought came with 4 brand new Hankook Ventus Evo V12 (k111).

This is what Hankook say:

"The Ventus V12 evo (K110) is Hankook's Max Performance Summer tire developed for the drivers of sports cars, sporty coupes and high performance sedans"

All I can say is awful tyres! enough confidence to push on a little with knowing the car,
but I can get them spinning at partial throttle in second, yes im running more power than before but partial throttle!

2nd worst branded tyres I have ever used, topped only by Avon ZZ3.

I've got the PS4's on my EP3 in 225/45/17. I wished they were available in a 225/40 to be honest, feeling the flex in the extra sidewall I've got when I changed from the 215/45, otherwise they're good.

Did you go regular or XL? The XL might have sufficiently strong sidewalls to reduce that flex.

Back