• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Figured I'd start a thread on here for those interested in yet another EP3 :lol:

So I bought her back in November 2014, one owner from new, FSH and only 45k on the clock!

A couple of months went by with nothing to report until last month when I fitted an S2000 filter to it, this is just for noise as I can imagine it's never going to be up to the same job as a Gruppe M!

Next up I changed the door speakers for some Focal PC130's, they do the job but just running on standard wiring to a Pioneer headunit. No other audio mods yet, I do feel it lacks some punch though so maybe a small sub plus amp up the fronts!

I recently attended the Mimms Honda day at Rockingham. I had booked myself in on a 30 minute track session so it was decided to change the brake fluid, I figured this would be a good opportunity to get braided hoses as well! So I went with Goodridge lines and Motul RBF600 fluid.

Pedal felt instantly much sharper!

Over the course of the session I had no brake fade or any ill effects from the car generally! Though my front discs were slightly blue and the Toyo's a few mm less haha!

I actually don't rate these Toyo's at all, they struggle for grip in the dry and damp or wet conditions are just silly trying to drive the car sensibly, no confidence in them and will be changing them when they've worn down. Thinking Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2 or similar!

I also let my brother take the car on four 0-60 runs at the show too!
[video=youtube;xqoORU0Zrxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqoORU0Zrxw[/video]

Track footage!
[video=youtube;_MvX305xoGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MvX305xoGc[/video]

Obligitory tunnel blast afterwards!
[video=youtube;Kch3DhCcxvM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kch3DhCcxvM[/video]

Nice layer of brake dust after the session!

Shiny again!

As it's my birthday on the 15th my parents bought me a little something for the car.

Replaced the door trims and washer jets.

Old trims

New trim fitted

One of the Jazz washers

More TLC bits!

Think the rear was about ready to be changed!

Aero twin for the front.

And a little something to mark my venture at Rockingham.

So that's how she stands at the minute.

She was brilliant on the track for stock, I think any future mods will be geared towards helping it a bit more on the track but I'm fussy. I do tend to do a lot of long distance driving and loud exhausts tend to drone on and spoil things for me so if I do any performance mods it'll be a compromise I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks minty! Very nice indeed. Good idea with the S200 filter, I've never seen that before. How's the noise?

Yes, Eagle F1s are mandatory :lol:. Very good in 215/45.

If you still have those old door handle trims I would kill for them! My car has been without for over a year (long story) and it's p*ssing me off!

Looks minty! Very nice indeed. Good idea with the S200 filter, I've never seen that before. How's the noise?

Yes, Eagle F1s are mandatory :lol:. Very good in 215/45.

If you still have those old door handle trims I would kill for them! My car has been without for over a year (long story) and it's p*ssing me off!
Thanks! It sounds awesome mate! Really loud! :D

The old ones have already been pillaged! Sorry boss!

Thanks everyone!

Been a while but that's because nothing's been happening, I'm sure you don't need a picture every time the car gets cleaned!

So tomorrow I'm to Grinspeed for Stevie to work his magic, I'll let you know the details after it's all done!

does the s2000 filter sound any good. also does it fit inside of the airbox or just rest on top. As the breather pipe from the rocker is disconnected also. Thank you

does the s2000 filter sound any good. also does it fit inside of the airbox or just rest on top. As the breather pipe from the rocker is disconnected also. Thank you
It sounds awesome mate! I have an in car video up in the videos section from a track session at Rockingham which should give you a good idea of how it sounds! :)

As for fitting the filter, I removed the top of the OEM airbox and modified the bottom part in the same way as you would to do the Hondata mod but kept in in place for the cold air feed and a bit of a heatshield, not perfect but does the job I wanted it to. I did put a rocker cover breather filter on after that picture was taken.

Any info. about adapter for speakers?
Aftermarket or made it for civic ..
nice mods on car !!
Aftermarket adaptor boss, I got mine from the car audio security website. It will allow a 13cm speaker to fit, which is smaller than OEM but anything sounds better than what you get standard!

Last edited by a moderator:
So this happened last Friday at Grinspeed...

Mfactory helical LSD with new bearings pre load shims oil and sealer

Genuine Honda clutch

Genuine Honda 5.1 ratio

Genuine Honda long 6th

Input shaft bearing and seal

M factory 1-6 carbon synchro's

Polybush inserts fitted to all three mounts

Old clutch!

Back together!

Massive thank you to Stevie at Grinspeed for his hard work. The man really knows his stuff and it was fascinating to watch! Top bloke too and answered all of my silly questions too!

The car feels so different, I'm still getting used to it but it's all bedded in now and I'm really starting to enjoy it, even pottering around it's much more 'get up and go' and the long 6th gear is perfect for settling down and keeping your licence!

sounds like a nice mod then the air filter , would have been perfect had the top half of the box fitted, Nice update the the gearbox work

That was my intention but the filter is just too big, cheap and cheerful though! If I go hunting for more power I'll likely change it to suit.

Just had my air conditioning re-gassed this weekend, glad I did with this sun we've got today!

Also changed my discs and pads all around, Brembo OE discs at the front with OE rears and DS2500 pads front and rear. Should compliment the braided hoses nicely once it's all bed in and ready to go!

Post track day update!

I managed three sessions all together, 2x 30 minutes and a 20 minute blast!

Instruction was well worth it as in just the space of a few laps with guidance I was taking cramer curves 10-15mph faster just for being taught some technique! Getting into that at 90+ you need to have your whits about you!

Car held up well and I thoroughly enjoyed it! There were 53 cars registered for the evening!

Now this was the state of fuel and tires after each session.
Instruction session sit rep:

Sit rep after the second session:

Sit rep after the third session:

Quick photo in the paddock before heading home.

So yesterday I decided I'd treat Bob to a full inside and outside clean! Spent two hours just on the interior!

Now here's a testament to how good the Bilbury wheel cleaner is, 50/50 mix, no brushing, just sprayed on and pressure washed off!

And all done!

Now for the videos!

I didn't film the tuition session, just the two I was solo.

[video=youtube;1Xo8BfpoV44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xo8BfpoV44[/video]

[video=youtube;d9CFeCmAzQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9CFeCmAzQc[/video]

Enjoy!

Soon will be a sump baffle and four new tires!

Car looks mint, sounds epic too! Those fuel gauge pics are quite amusing, gets quite thirsty with vtec :)

Back