• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Mud flaps?

Anyone fitted mud flaps to the FK8 and if so what product did you buy?

It seems like the options available are quite limited.

I would mainly like to fit them to prevent damage to the paint/body of the car.

There is a thread on here somewhere showing some .... quite a nice set and i think they were imported from the U S.
Looking to maybe getting some myself to try to alleviate some stone chip damage....

It's a no from me.....really does look like a subaru then! We are a touring car...

I have protection film on the vulnerable areas

True I also think it ruins the looks. I'd like to avoid the protection film since it's a pain to remove it without leaving glue residues on the surface.
So I chose the least bad solution: the flaps.

Universal Rally Armor FTW :D if it saves the road rash then it's a plus from me.... around £30 a set is a no brainer ;)

PS, 12 year Subaru owner :lol:

Universal Rally Armor FTW :D if it saves the road rash then it's a plus from me.... around £30 a set is a no brainer ;)

PS, 12 year Subaru owner :lol:

Where did you get them for £30 out of interest? I did a little research and they all were £100+

Clean those filthy mud flaps!

...... what? Solid advice is that. Sometimes less soiled than others.

Solid*

Any chance you could post some pictures?

Sorry about quality, but weather was dreadful this morning. This was when I got to work after driving in the rain and small back roads..

Rear:
6lgxaPh.jpg

Front:
Es8I5Gs.jpg

They do look the part and probably (hopefully!?) save the sills and arches from the lions share of gravel rash...:smt041
Still can't decide which colour but I am favouring black with white writing...:D

Back