• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dream car at 18

Hi guys I’ve managed to get my hands on a mint 70k 2002 EP3.
My plan is to keep it stock for a year or two due to insurance price being high because of my age and that this thing drinks fuel compared to my old 1.0L lol.
Let me know what you think :)
2700b421490dc028acc55ca6f9614063.jpg
2700b421490dc028acc55ca6f9614063.jpg
9106a9e178dc6886797397283002eb52.jpg

Congrats! You are one lucky man :) Looking back, I would've been too stupid and reckless to own a car like this at 18. When I was your age, I rode an MZ ETZ 125 :D I loved that bike, sold it in tears, but an EP3 is a star destroyer compared to that. Enjoy, and keep us updated! ;)

Hi, welcome to the party :)

Do you know (other than the wheel colour) if it's had much other work done already?

Hi, welcome to the party :)

Do you know (other than the wheel colour) if it's had much other work done already?

No mate completely stock. Only had one previous owner from new and he kept every receipt. The amount of paperwork I got with the car is unbelievable.

Congrats! You are one lucky man :) Looking back, I would've been too stupid and reckless to own a car like this at 18. When I was your age, I rode an MZ ETZ 125 :D I loved that bike, sold it in tears, but an EP3 is a star destroyer compared to that. Enjoy, and keep us updated! ;)

Thanks dude :)
I’ve got to be stupid to buy one of these fully knowing how much the fuel, insurance and tax costs but I couldn’t have anything else.
Will keep posting as I’m in love with the car

Welcome mate, looks a nice motor! Not bad being able to own a 200bhp hot hatch at 18! When I was 18 (many years ago :lol:) I drove a 1990 Fiesta 1.0 Popular with a whopping 45bhp and 4 speed manual gearbox :lol:

Enjoy!

Welcome mate, looks a nice motor! Not bad being able to own a 200bhp hot hatch at 18! When I was 18 (many years ago :lol:) I drove a 1990 Fiesta 1.0 Popular with a whopping 45bhp and 4 speed manual gearbox :lol:

Enjoy!

Thanks mate :) tell me about it! just took lots of working and saving up until I got my 1 years no claims to be able to insure it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For academic interest what are you paying for insurance?
When I was 18 all I wanted was motorbikes - fast cars were unaffordable full stop.

I have no clue how you guys do it. :D Since I was in school until I was 24, I had no income, despite having the occasional summer job for **** pay. It took a few summers, selling my old bike I got as a present, and quite a few birthdays' savings to buy a crappy Kawasaki ZXR400 when I was 20, for 1000 pounds :freak::lol: And of course I had 0 money to ride it, 11000 kms done in 6 years.

Please share your wisdom :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an MG midget 1500cc twin carb at 18.

An open top at 18 must have been awesome. I have 0 knowledge about the MG Midget, so please enlighten me where it was on the coolness scale at 18. Was it considered cheap, expensive, somewhere between?

At 18 I was at uni, couldn't take your car to halls so was tooling around on a supermotarded Honda on Metzeler Comp Ks. Think I got 1300 miles out of a rear. :lol:

Take it easy OP, I know how much of a bell end I was behind the wheel at 18!

I have no clue how you guys do it. :D Since I was in school until I was 24, I had no income, despite having the occasional summer job for **** pay. It took a few summers, selling my old bike I got as a present, and quite a few birthdays' savings to buy a crappy Kawasaki ZXR400 when I was 20, for 1000 pounds :freak::lol: And of course I had 0 money to ride it, 11000 kms done in 6 years.

I did an apprenticeship straight out of school, no student loans etc. Barely ever spent a penny on a GF, if I even had one. No kids and total lack of savings for anything sensible until I was about 25. Rarely go on holiday abroad. Never been out of work, still employed by the same company I did an apprenticeship with 17 years ago.

And I’m still spending a good chunk of disposable on cars where I can. House takes most of that these days though.

That seems reasonable. Of course things got better, when I started working, I had a such a cheap life back then (2013), that I saved up for my Daytona 675 in a year's time. However, getting a job after uni took 9 months, and I was unemployed for 9 months again later. I could go on about what's it like to live on the eastern side of the economic iron curtain, but don't want to go off topic. Just a hint: my salary is twice the average, and I can afford a 16 year old EP3.

Left school at 16 (no need for college as I’m thick lol) started working with my old man the day after school. Learnt to drive in 2 months had a little vw up! for a year to get my one years no claims. Then bought the type R :)
Modified my Volkswagen Up! *** so I didn’t look like an old lady going shopping lol
c23a994d7f79c6c2406ede8ad2d4401e.jpg

Back