• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Plasti dip?

Hey was just wondering if anyone has used plasti dip to spray wheels, bonnet, roof etc? Is it a good job? Does it peel off if you want to change colour or go back to standard?

Thanks.

A friend has done his whole E36 M3 in bright orange plasti-dip, looks great. It peels off quite easily (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not). He let me peel one of the badges off.

I saw it straight after it was done and recently (about 8 months on) and it still looked the business, no obvious bubbles or peeling that I could see... But I was hardly inspecting the thing for paint damage!

He had no spraying experience and said it was easy to apply, I can vouch for the finish he acheived!

A friend has done his whole E36 M3 in bright orange plasti-dip, looks great. It peels off quite easily (I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not). He let me peel one of the badges off.

I saw it straight after it was done and recently (about 8 months on) and it still looked the business, no obvious bubbles or peeling that I could see... But I was hardly inspecting the thing for paint damage!

He had no spraying experience and said it was easy to apply, I can vouch for the finish he acheived!

thanks for reply. That sounds good. I am thinking of doing wheels and roof with it. At least if I mess it up I can just peel it off lol.

A couple lads on the ST Forums used it for wheels etc. and it came out really well.

My friend used it on his skyline and it looked good, it was matte black.

I think this is cheaper option instead of having a full re-spray.

Sound good. Can you get any pics?

He sent me this from Le Mans this year :lol:

20130621_155413_zpscaa2e4b0.jpg

Thread bump...

Plasti dipping wheels, talk to me.

How many cans will I need for four wheels and can anyone recommend a brand?

Not the OEM 18s I have on now, got some others coming that I'll be using for winter but they were powder coated 2 years ago and still look spot on. I can't bare to rattle can them with paint, but I also don't want silver wheels on a Champ White.

Er, Plasti Dip?

As in that's the brand?

Is this like Hoover being supposed within the vacuum cleaner market as the name for the product as well as a brand?

I didn't think the market had been solely cornered by one supplier?! :lol:

Best to use a can per wheel John. That way you can put it on thick enough to be able to peel it back when you want or need to.
Check out DipMyCar on YouTube, the guys on there are pros at it and really good for getting a few tips and hints. Beware though, the guy that does the videos is a massive Guido :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plasti dip is a brand, yes. I watched a vid on YouTube of a guy who had it on his wheels for four years and it was unmarked. He then peeled it off with his fingernail. Amazing stuff.

Plasti Dip do a luxury range, you can spray an enhancer which just makes it shiny.
I think it 3-4 cans depending if it 17-18 inch wheels but my thinking and watching people online the more is better so it lasts and its easy to peel off.

There a spray gun holder, not sure if it free from them but. Am actually going to do my rota SDXs, I'll post some picture soon.

Back