• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 How long to find a Purple FD2

Yeah the ST steering is odd, as far as electric racks go I thought it was pretty good, admittedly I mistook the slightly weighted feeling and eagerness to return to center as feel. It took me about a year to realise it sucked but Ive never felt as though I didnt know what was going on plus the levels of grip the car allows for are well beyond whats needed for the road. Owned an e92 320d sport plus prior and that was truly awful! I sold it because I never knew what the car was doing plus I never drove it as a home worker at the time. Its been reliable so far at 13k but Im sure the clutch is going.... 3 more months.

I read through your threads Loxy and actually going to the ST and got the impression you wouldn't go back to an FD2 now.

No I wouldn't go back to an FD2 again.

Honda knew what they were doing bringing the FN2 to the European market and not the FD2. For a majority. Don't get me wrong, the FD2 is a cracking car but things have moved on.

Hi all.

I have a Focus ST on lease that goes back in 4 months. I've started thinking about cars as I no longer want to lease and decided upon a Megane RS.....

But I have this burning desire to scratch an FD2 itch. I've seen TopGeezer's Purple Pearl FD2 and frankly my jaw is on the floor. There are not many FD2's for sale and I think I have only ever seen 1 FD2 in real life which was white. Thing is, how long do you think I would need to wait to source a Purple FD2? Is it best getting in touch with Torque GT and asking them to try source one? Or just Go for whatever color I can find in classified adds over the coming months?

Thanks

Definitely get in touch with TorqueGT if you haven't already done so......Great service from them on both my DC5 and the FD2 which you commented on ;) The purple doesn't come up on the auction sites very often just be patient, as far as i know there are only 3 purple FD2's in the UK so don't hold your breath on getting one in the UK.
It will take quite a while importing also be prepared for a big bill as the purple seems to attract the £££££ also the state of the GBP to YEN will play it's part.

There are less than half a dozen for sale in the UK so if you wanted silver/white or blue that would see you with the FD2 faster, personally being the first owner of a fresh import is nice but as said long wait.......All worth it in the end :)
Nothing to lose in contacting Darren @ Torque mate.

T.G.

Thanks all, Loxy, I think that settles it for me and Ill be going with the Meg so long as I can find the right spec. Im sure the Honda is probably the better machine but Ill daily the next car I get I think from what people have said it might be wrong for me.

Back